Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by berryblue, 9 Mar 2020.

1. Stortz

Stortz

Games will be played til the dippers are over the line then they’ll stop it

2. johnmc

johnmc

The government haven’t given the green light anyway have they?

3. marco

marco

ive not caught up yet today, is it going for a player vote? if so you can bet your life any club with a chance of getting sucked into relegation will vote against as with those with nothing to gain, i'd estimate that at over 50%,

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

Could you imagine the outrage from the dippers if some of their team contacted it ?

5. mixer

mixer

No but surely it will be red after this

6. Eds

Eds

And so it begins. How can any league even contemplate finishing the season. It’s beyond comprehension. Pure greed.

7. 55yr old teenager

55yr old teenager

This whole sorry saga by the powers that be to get football started again is really beginning to get right on my tits!!!!!! Just null and void the rest of the bloody season, christ almighty how hard can it be gods sake. Before anyone says they wont help, if I was a religious person I would have stopped praying weeks ago!!!

Gordyola and give it to gordon like this.
  8. paulchapo

paulchapo

I find this whole concept disgusting. 600+ people still dying a day in this country, almost everything closed, thousands losing their jobs and thousands more teetering on the brink, yet these money grabbing wankers want to force players, officials and everyone else involved in this farce to risk their health to play football.

Aside from the above, which is the most important bit, it's unfair. Teams who had to play away with a hostile home crowd to contend with lose having the same advantage. Football is also a spectator sport, without fans it is a sterile soulless experience. It will also prove to be a nightmare for the police as fans will congregate outside the grounds no matter what the warnings and penalties if they do. Imagine the game that Liverpool will claim the title if they win. Does anyone think they will stop them descending on the venue in their thousands? End this nonsense now.

9. yeseye

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
    Petition on change.org
    https://www.change.org/p/english-premier-league-null-and-void-the-premier-league

Northerndave likes this.
  10. crazyg

crazyg

I find it difficult to understand why the caterers are being put on standby. If the matches are played behind closed doors, THERE WILL BE NO SPECTATORS ATTENDING in any case! What's the point of them being there in the first place, as there's no one to serve?
    File under B for bullshit.

Gordyola likes this.