Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Now we see that the club doctors want assurances that they and all the medical staff will be covered during this pandemic. They seem very unsure that they will be covered, should anyone contract the Covid19 virus. This could blow a right big hole through the Premier League starting again, unless they receive those assurances. I don't think that the Premier League would be able to start if there will be no medical staff especially doctors should an emergency happen on the pitch.

By Wednesday I expect the death toll to be over 30,000 especially when you consider that over the weekend the death toll always drops. That leaves us with Monday and Tuesday to catch up on the weekends death toll. By the time the Premier League want to start there could be a death toll close to 40,000. What does it need for the bosses of the Premier League to call this season null and void a death toll over 100,000. I just hope that they can live with themselves should there be a second spike. Which will happen if they insist on playing behind closed doors. Football fans will find out where these matches will be played and some will turn out if only to cheer their team into the ground.

Gordon Taylor saying on Radio 4 that he can't see matches being played till mid june and the possibility of shorter halves is being looked at.
Gordon Taylor ha - the only memory I have of this little joker is when he played for Birmingham City, and Rodney Marsh nutmegged him and patted him on the head as he ran past him.

What in the hell is a 75yr old doing running the PFA. it is time he packed his bag and retired. It is all well and good for him to come out and say that it is safe for the players to play. While he is stuck in his nice posh office in Manchester. When is the last time that he went out and talked to the players either face to face or over the phone. My guess is well over a year. While he is stuck in that nice office of his he wants the players to risk their lives playing. I just wonder if he was playing today if he would be saying the same thing.

What in the hell is a 75yr old doing running the PFA. it is time he packed his bag and retired. It is all well and good for him to come out and say that it is safe for the players to play. While he is stuck in his nice posh office in Manchester. When is the last time that he went out and talked to the players either face to face or over the phone. My guess is well over a year. While he is stuck in that nice office of his he wants the players to risk their lives playing. I just wonder if he was playing today if he would be saying the same thing.

The man is a prize knob and should have been put out to grass years ago.

He’s a better option than Dave Kitson who once said Raheem Sterling was asking for the racist abuse he received

johnmc that is providing the German Bundestag (German Parliament) gives them the final go ahead. However with the death toll now rising again, they may now be forced to put that on the back burner. This is because they fear that fans will start to turn up at the grounds.

There is only one way playing behind closed doors will work. This will need the cooperation of all the media outlets. They have all got to agree that they will not publish where and when the matches will be played. I just can't see that happening, because someone will leak where a match will be played. Thus allowing fans to gather. One way around this is that if any person is found to leak the information as to where and when a match is being played he/she will be sacked on the spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.