Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

what about a massive game of Wembley with 2x players from each club and Hans Segers in nets. To be played on a neutral rec following a cursory dog shit and glass clean up.

Are there any lawyers out there. If there are please could they answer this question. I just had an idea. The Premier League make an agreement with all the clubs in the Premier League that they will play all of their fixtures both home and away. Therefore this season the Premier League have broken that contract by not fore filling the remain fixtures on a home and away basis. By coming out and saying that all fixtures will be played at neutral grounds to complete the season. They also come out and say that they will be/might be using present Premier League grounds. Well if present Premier League grounds can be used to host matches that will be a neutral venue. Then surely they can be used to hold the resulting away fixture.

Does this sound logical we cannot play Livarpool at home at the Etithad, but the Etithad can be used as a neutral venue now how stupid is that. How on earth did those guys that run the Premier League come up with that stupid idea. Play your home fixtures away from your home stadium but we will use your home stadium for other matches to finish the season 2019/20

Could just have a massive coin toss operation for each game, could all be done in a couple of hours.
Thats a great idea, they could have Xavier Bardam doing the adverts as his charachter in no country for old men. He could be asking Klopp, WHATS THE MOST YOU EVER LOST ON A COIN TOSS?

Are there any lawyers out there. If there are please could they answer this question. I just had an idea. The Premier League make an agreement with all the clubs in the Premier League that they will play all of their fixtures both home and away. Therefore this season the Premier League have broken that contract by not fore filling the remain fixtures on a home and away basis. By coming out and saying that all fixtures will be played at neutral grounds to complete the season. They also come out and say that they will be/might be using present Premier League grounds. Well if present Premier League grounds can be used to host matches that will be a neutral venue. Then surely they can be used to hold the resulting away fixture.

Does this sound logical we cannot play Livarpool at home at the Etithad, but the Etithad can be used as a neutral venue now how stupid is that. How on earth did those guys that run the Premier League come up with that stupid idea. Play your home fixtures away from your home stadium but we will use your home stadium for other matches to finish the season 2019/20

When I worked for an establishment a long time ago I had a manager who use to answer certain questions with ;

"Hold that thought"

While acknowledging it in as positive way ad possible. I think this is an appropriate time to try it out.

"Hold that thought"

They keep banging on about the integrity of the game, but, so far we've had, play behind closed doors, no home or away grounds, no relegation, more subs and now less minutes per half. Might as well just play fifa to decide it.

Even if they do manage to finish the season by whatever far out methods to do so in order to satisfy the Media and football chiefs with Liverpool win of the premier league .

it will always be

2020 Liverpool *
2019 Manchester City
2018 Manchester City
2017 Chelsea
2016 Leicester city

* the season was suspended and matches not played during the coronavirus pandemic so they had to finish the season not playing football by the same conventional rules that all other premier title winners did when they won their title.

One would have to see the agreement between the clubs and the league(and it might well be that various leagues are able to do various things), however there will be a Force Majeure clause, in that it will detail the adjudication of such, I strongly suspect that there are clubs up and down the country that are in the process of looking extremely closely at that and it will almost certainly end up in court I believe Bradford Park Avenue have already began proceedings for example

Does anyone know how they're planning to do it in Germany? I know it'll be behind closed doors but is it home and away as normal ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.