Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If it happened to us this entre forum would blame it on the world's anti-City conspiracy. "It would never happen if it was Liverpool!!!!" would be the most typed phrase on the whole forum.

Mibby. i did day many, and bulk. I do think this decesion took longer than it should have to make, and it has not yet fully been made. And liverpool happen to be in that position. So, it might vet said yet!

It's not hard is it just fucking terminate the football season for the rest of the season, it's not a big deal it's only a fucking game

If it happened to us this entre forum would blame it on the world's anti-City conspiracy. "It would never happen if it was Liverpool!!!!" would be the most typed phrase on the whole forum.
No joke I'd be a mard arse if it was City, that's what makes it so funny though - is that it's not City, it's Livarpool who have a bunch of wierdo cultists attached to the club.

I asked my daughter's best friend who is a public health statistician and apparantly the reasoning for the government not cancelling sports stadium events is as follows.
If you attend a professional sport event you connect with on average 14 people. 6 people who you brush past en route to/from the game. The two people you sit next to, 3 people behind you and 3 people in front of you and the 3 people behind you can only be infectious to you. You are outside for the most part, so less infectious than indoors.
In comparison standing outside like the fans of PSG did is lethal. Watching sport in a pub is even worse as you are in an enclosed atmosphere with 25+ people.
No, the only reason for cancelling sport is if the players can spread it to each other or the use of umpteen police and emergency personal staff who can be better employed elsewhere.
Well if you cancel sport then there is no reason for anyone to gather anywhere to watch it.
Your argument works when put against playing BCD but not if you cancel the event.
Plus its's not just the 6 people you are in contact with en route to a game. The surfaces in public transport can have the virus survive on it for up to 2 days.
It's the movement of masses of people that is spreading this. Cut that down and you cut down the spread.

I asked my daughter's best friend who is a public health statistician and apparantly the reasoning for the government not cancelling sports stadium events is as follows.
If you attend a professional sport event you connect with on average 14 people. 6 people who you brush past en route to/from the game. The two people you sit next to, 3 people behind you and 3 people in front of you and the 3 people behind you can only be infectious to you. You are outside for the most part, so less infectious than indoors.
In comparison standing outside like the fans of PSG did is lethal. Watching sport in a pub is even worse as you are in an enclosed atmosphere with 25+ people.
No, the only reason for cancelling sport is if the players can spread it to each other or the use of umpteen police and emergency personal staff who can be better employed elsewhere.
I brushed through 10 times that amount of people in the pub alone,it was literally packed ,getting to the bar pushed up to everyone face to face then back through to get out into the garden,add to that everyone on 2 train journeys and at the game,the taxis etc,also it is spread through touching surfaces as well,it only takes one door handle to infect you

Honestly does the government think we are fucking stupid !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.