Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Yep the players are spot on wanting the money going to the right places.
Absolutely,this is why they have been given donation to specific causes in their own countries which imo is the right way to go,they clearly want to help employees at their clubs,the jokers who are furlowing aside,as the tax payer is paying for them,the right to be cautious about where it goes

Maybe the players get paid in full so NHS doesn't lose out then donate 30% back to support others

Maybe the players get paid in full so NHS doesn't lose out then donate 30% back to support others

Maybe the 30% is after tax
Pfa are a set of wankers, trying to deflect

If I was government I would be putting a hit list now of people to fuck royally in the years to come
Virgin
Sports direct
Pfa
Spurs
Liverpool
Britannia hotels

how can they play the remaining games without permission from the government, i wouldn't think they could just decide it themselves

how can they play the remaining games without permission from the government, i wouldn't think they could just decide it themselves
correct,they just cant turn round and say there doing this that and the other,what about players,im not sure if all the players are in the UK so when this is near back to normal were not going to open the borders up for people to come and go as they like,players who may have lost parents or other relatives may wish to remain in their country for some time,the more the FA push for this the more disgusting they look

Apparently Wimbledon has insurance that covers this pandemic so they will lose nowt with there cancellation!

So the bloke chelsea raves about and got every premier club to pay him a nice bonus never thought of this type of insurance knowing a few months with no money coming into he majority of premier clubs would put them in deep shit!

Yep Scudamore Should be giving back every penny of that 5m bonus.

I'm sure he will do when he gets his winnings back from an Asian bookmaker, after lumping it all on red. Allegedly.

Maybe the 30% is after tax
Pfa are a set of wankers, trying to deflect

If I was government I would be putting a hit list now of people to fuck royally in the years to come
Virgin
Sports direct
Pfa
Spurs
Liverpool
Britannia hotels
PFA should know full well of the scenarios here.
Scenario 1
Player A takes a 30% wage cut as a salary waiver which would need to be effective for tax purposes. Say player A is on £100k per week. A salary waiver would mean his salary would reduce to £70k per week with PAYE and NI on the £70k. The £30k would remain with the club (to do with as they please and who is to say that it would be passed on). This would reduce the tax and ni to the government on the basis that tax and ni could only be charged on £70k but would leave the club better off by £30k per week. This seems to be where the PFA are at.

However...

Scenario 2
Player A continued to receive £100k per week (i.e. with no salary waiver). The PAYE and NI would be paid in the same amount (on the £100k) to the government (and therefore keeping the contribution to the government the same) but the player might agree to making a donation (say 30%) out of net salary. The difference being that the player then has more control over where the money goes.

PFA must know scenario 2 is is doable and to suggest that the government might be out of pocket is risable to say the least.

Apparently Wimbledon has insurance that covers this pandemic so they will lose nowt with there cancellation!

So the bloke chelsea raves about and got every premier club to pay him a nice bonus never thought of this type of insurance knowing a few months with no money coming into he majority of premier clubs would put them in deep shit!

Yep Scudamore Should be giving back every penny of that 5m bonus.
Especially as that type of insurance would have been relatively cheap, being as its never happened before and probably won't happen again. Its a bit like the fire bit of your third party fire and theft on your car insurance, how many claims are there for the fire part, but you pay the bit extra just in case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.