Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

What would happen if they played behind closed doors and a player or staff member contracted the virus and subsequently died?

Who would be culpable?
The PL?, SKY?, BT?, Anyone?

Would insurance companies pay out or even insure players, changing in cars and playing behind closed doors?

It's one big clusterfcuk, driven by money and desperation to award the trophy..!

Like I've read on here, if it was us who were out in front, the season would have been terminated weeks ago..!

It's not right, it's immoral and it f'kin stinks..!
I'm not in the insurance business, but would posit that none would be insuring against contracting Covid,
whilst the virus is still killing people, and movement restrictions are still in force.
In fact, why I'm even writing this I don't know, the FA know all this full well, and are simply grasping twats.

From what luminaries in the medical profession are saying, the number of deaths is way above the numbers we're being fed at the daily government briefings. Other economic powerhouse countries include non-hospital deaths in their numbers, but our government prefers to massage down the figures. Why ? Whether it's hospital only deaths or the true number of deaths in care homes etc, one set of figures is no scarier than the other - both are equally disastrous and tragic. Bill the Blue is so right - in restarting the season (if indeed that happens) the Prem are creating an unnecessary risk to players, their families, staff and NHS staff who may have to treat them - NHS staff who are running out of PPE and being told to re-use what they have. We don't have a vaccine and yet the suits are having conference calls about restarting the season. Those conference calls should be solely about 'How can we help the country ?'

What would happen if they played behind closed doors and a player or staff member contracted the virus and subsequently died?

Who would be culpable?
The PL?, SKY?, BT?, Anyone?

Would insurance companies pay out or even insure players, changing in cars and playing behind closed doors?

It's one big clusterfcuk, driven by money and desperation to award the trophy..!

Like I've read on here, if it was us who were out in front, the season would have been terminated weeks ago..!

It's not right, it's immoral and it f'kin stinks..!
You are so right my friend.

I think that if Liverpoo win the league with games to spare and there is still a virus threat in the “air” they wont risk the best players to the detriment of teams in relegation places or trying to get into Europe

Changing in your car..............

What next? half time oranges and a fucking fag?

So they want to play all the games at neutral venues. This will throw up a load of problems, which will have to be solved before they can go ahead.
1st Those teams who have already played their away game have suddenly lost their advantage of a home game, how do they over come that.

2nd When and where are you going to test all the players for this coronavirus.

3rd Where are you going to get the said testing kits from. When the government can't get enough of them.

4th Where are you going to get the medical staff from should you need one. No I don't mean the teams medical staff. At the Etithad we have an ambulance their for every home game. This is provided by the ST. JOHN'S AMBULANCE.

5th What happens should 1 player from a team show positive for this coronavirus, his whole team has to self isolate for 2 weeks. This then throws the whole time line to finish the season out.

6th Should 1 player could be a carrier of the coronavirus, while not showing any symptoms, and thus pass it on to as many as 100 different players and staff.

7th Where are you going to play the games,.

8th Where are the players going to stay

9th. How do you stop the fans from meeting out side of the said stadium.

Everyone of these questions needs answering before you can even think off restarting the Premier league again. Just imagine the back lash that football would get if for an e.g. A player from Everton gives the coronavirus to a player from Chelsea and the player from Chelsea dies. The whole of the premier League would be finished for along time.

The only sound thing to do is to null and void the whole season. Hopefully you then might be able to start again in August.

Not only do the players need to be tested, what about everybody else backroom staff, security, media and anyone else that attends

Playing games behind closed doors is not what football is all about. Should not even be discussed by those who are supposed custodians of our game.

They should come out and clarify this ASAP, or just admit that the person who forks out thousands to actually attend matches is no where near the top of their list of priorities. When in actual fact we should be right at the top of the list, no fans = no games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.