Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

What next, final league positions to be decided by longest keepy uppie. Sky and BT to fight it out over the webcam rights.

Halves?..... we're on the way to 6 15 minute periods, to allow players to change & shower during each break meaning game length will be 3 hours plus.

The real reason is all that wonderful advertising that can be crammed in for stuff lots of people can't afford.

This looks like its going to be the Austria v West Germany World Cup game all over again, but on an industrial scale... It's nothing short of total madness(and I'm one of the people that thinks the season has to be finished!).

Now we see that the club doctors want assurances that they and all the medical staff will be covered during this pandemic. They seem very unsure that they will be covered, should anyone contract the Covid19 virus. This could blow a right big hole through the Premier League starting again, unless they receive those assurances. I don't think that the Premier League would be able to start if there will be no medical staff especially doctors should an emergency happen on the pitch.

By Wednesday I expect the death toll to be over 30,000 especially when you consider that over the weekend the death toll always drops. That leaves us with Monday and Tuesday to catch up on the weekends death toll. By the time the Premier League want to start there could be a death toll close to 40,000. What does it need for the bosses of the Premier League to call this season null and void a death toll over 100,000. I just hope that they can live with themselves should there be a second spike. Which will happen if they insist on playing behind closed doors. Football fans will find out where these matches will be played and some will turn out if only to cheer their team into the ground.

Players and backroom staff WILL test positive!
What will they do then? Clubs will be dropping like flies.
Absolute farce to try and start again in the current climate.

Gordon Taylor is an idiot, if his and the PFA's latest suggestion is anything to go by it's proof that the money is more important than anything, the suggestion itself implies that there may be a substantial risk involved.

Players however are stinking rich and if anyone can tell their employers to do one it's them, if they don't then it's more fool them.

The Premier League are saying that they want to keep the integrity of the game, and not to make it look out of place. Does not the word integrity stand for HONESTY, the honesty, integrity does not stand now at all. If the Premier League go for this drivel of playing behind closed doors, all the integrity will have gone out of the window for good. Well for give me I always thought that the Premier League is based on matches being played both home and away. So once that has been broken the integrity is broken by not allowing the remaining fixtures to be played as they should be.

Why then bother with drawing the new fixtures for the Premier League season 2020/21, when ever that maybe. When the draw is done just come out right away and say all fixtures will be played at neutral grounds, for all of the season 2020/21 and they will be played behind closed doors as well. I fixtures until the last moment.

End this season, share whatever tv money evenly across the prem. No relegation, no champions, use last years positions to dictate european places. Prepare for next season with a lockdown in place, if a game is played behind closed doors the reverse fixture is played behind closed doors whether restriction in place or not. Never happen I know, but, IMO this is probably fairest way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.