Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The deputy chief scientific adviser to the British government has said it is an "interesting hypothesis" that Liverpool's Champions League match against Atletico Madrid may have spread coronavirus in the city.

More than 3,000 fans made the trip from the Spanish capital to Merseyside for the 11 March fixture, despite their home city already subject to partial lockdown amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Professor Dame Angela McLean admitted it would be interesting to look at the scientific evidence and the Champions League last-16 second leg tie at Anfield down the line.

However, she pointed out that, given the general policy at the time, going to a football match was not considered a "particularly large extra risk"

and it will be an even bigger spike when 30,000 Liverpool fans turn up at a neutral venue for the match that might mean they win the league for the first time in 30 years, plus the other 50,000 that turn up at Anfield and Liverpool City centre when they do indeed win their second friendly in the newly formed no relegation Premier League.
The police will not be able to stop them and when they all disperse to the four corners of this country it will make the 28,000 deaths look like a manageable number.

Last edited:
The deputy chief scientific adviser to the British government has said it is an "interesting hypothesis" that Liverpool's Champions League match against Atletico Madrid may have spread coronavirus in the city.

More than 3,000 fans made the trip from the Spanish capital to Merseyside for the 11 March fixture, despite their home city already subject to partial lockdown amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Professor Dame Angela McLean admitted it would be interesting to look at the scientific evidence and the Champions League last-16 second leg tie at Anfield down the line.

However, she pointed out that, given the general policy at the time, going to a football match was not considered a "particularly large extra risk"
Jesus christ,we let thousands in from THE hotspot in spain,on a plane,what the fuck is she on

Are people really suggesting that the first industry, in this country, in which all employees are tested daily for this virus should be football?

Not care workers going into care homes or carers visiting people who need support. Not people who work in the food production industries. Not people working in the NHS looking after the sick

I think the goverment and people in authority need to think who are key workers vital to this country and those that just entertain and prioritise accordingly

thanks for correcting me
I suppose it will be how they ask the voting question
If its to vote for the restart only 7 teams against it to stop it
If the voting question is to cancel the season they would need 14 votes to cancel
Again open to manipulation

Britain now has the worst death toll in Europe and the suggestion of lets play football it will lift everyone's spirits is absolutely scandalous......nothing else !

Are people really suggesting that the first industry, in this country, in which all employees are tested daily for this virus should be football?

Not care workers going into care homes or carers visiting people who need support. Not people who work in the food production industries. Not people working in the NHS looking after the sick

I think the goverment and people in authority need to think who are key workers vital to this country and those that just entertain and prioritise accordingly
Boris needs to distract people,he reckons get football going and everyone will have their spirits raised,in other words,look over there.no thought to the safety to the ones he wants to keep us all amused

‘Raising the spirit of the nation’ ?
It will only raise the spirit of the armchair supporters, who subscribe to Sky BT and Amazon.
Not any of them just a 43 year season ticket holder, and I’m that cos I like to go to live matches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.