Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Manchester City could see their squad's value plummet by 22.6% to £839m in the event of no more football being played this season and the subsequent knock-on effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. [
@MirrorFootball

considering we are not a selling club that doesn't really matter

No doubt that the value of the rag and dipper players will have bucked that trend and now be worth twice as much as were before covid 19 ?

Fucking MirrorFootball

Manchester City could see their squad's value plummet by 22.6% to £839m in the event of no more football being played this season and the subsequent knock-on effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. [
@MirrorFootball

considering we are not a selling club that doesn't really matter
A non story yet again.

Does this article mean that just our squad or every squad in the league? Yes they've used the champions as an example but it would be nice if our name or an image of us was tagged to a positive article, you know just the once.

I honestly think that they know that null and void is the only way forward but they have to be seen to be looking at alternatives which drags it out for as long as possible.
In this country we have managed to not descend into civil unrest as of yet but I seriously think that when the league is declared null and void that will change in Liverpool. I suspect the police want this to go on for a while so that hopefully the scousers will slowly get used to the idea that they aren't winning the league again as that will maybe minimise the trouble that is going to happen slightly.
What we don't need is the press coming up with a a scapegoat for this (imagine the trouble each year when they play, say West Ham, if the press report that it was in some way their fault they didn't win the league), the press really need to be mature about this and for once try to report neutrally, factually and sensibly while doing their absolute best to not stoke up their emotions and sense of victimhood.
if the league is declared null & void there will be civil unrest & mass hari kari in the land of the cult...

I just caught a bit of the daily briefing thing. Somebody asked a question about how can Sport be prioritised over people wanting to practice their religion. Whoever the government bloke was he just waffled on, so I couldn’t be arsed listening. Just got in from work and needed a brew. It is a good point though.
Personally, being a dyslexic atheist who doesn’t believe in a dog I am not that mithered about religion.
I do think social distancing could be done a whole lot easier than ANY sports venue in a place of worship though.

30,000 + officially have died because of the virus. 650 Reported today. I understand the need to get back to normal, but it leaves a bad taste talking about football. Money over life at the minute

Just read about cricket's plans for July, and I give zero shits about it as a sport and it looks absolutely bonkers and wonder if that's how football must look to anyone who isn't a fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.