Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Mass gatherings, the size of premiership crowds wont happen until at least the end of the year. This will wreck two seasons not just this one. Why not restart in next January with the end of the current league alongside some kind of group / semi final / final club comp for each league. That way Liverpool could win the 19/20 league but we could win the 20/21 competition thus retaining current champions status. Imagine Liverpool winning the league but Never being champions

bbc breakfast just had an interview with amir Khan and asked about boxing returning with no fans and he just said it would sap the energy out of it and turn it i to a sparing session or exhibition match.

He also admitted the only reason he could see any big name boxer doing it was if massive money was offered, but it wouldn't be boxing as a speticle.

Change the sport and it is the same.

If football returns with the new scenarios and behind closed doors it is just training or exhibiton games, either way this season is a dead duck, so conituing it only risks people.

Pedantry is a bit much isn't it?

Making unsubstantiated comments like

"The public will hate the players "

Are you saying that it didn't need a reply. I will not hate the players, @karen7 said she will not hate them, will you? If not who are the public that will hate them?

It just sounded more like the "Sun" than reality.

He wrote in a pedantic style.

Mass gatherings, the size of premiership crowds wont happen until at least the end of the year. This will wreck two seasons not just this one. Why not restart in next January with the end of the current league alongside some kind of group / semi final / final club comp for each league. That way Liverpool could win the 19/20 league but we could win the 20/21 competition thus retaining current champions status. Imagine Liverpool winning the league but Never being champions

Don't see this mentioned much but seems a more logical and realistic solution, just postpone the season for a year in all competitions, then pick it up again as things stand.
A year may not be enough, who knows, but it gives everybody breathing space (no pun) to actually start thinking logically again, something they're not doing at the moment it seems.

Making unsubstantiated comments like

"The public will hate the players "

Are you saying that it didn't need a reply. I will not hate the players, @karen7 said she will not hate them, will you? If not who are the public that will hate them?

It just sounded more like the "Sun" than reality.

He wrote in a pedantic style.
I presume the meaning of "the public" was the non-football following public; both those that have no interest and those that actively dislike the game and the pantomime that they see it all as; and to be honest she's probably got a bit of a point, hasn't she?

Can you imagine when some "mums' net militant Millie" gets her teeth into the whole shambles of "project-big-shiny-cup-must-end-up-in-liVARpool*-before-2021-no-matter-the-cost-(both-in-a-financial-sense-or-otherwise)" (or whatever they're calling it now) and all the stuff that WE (the football supporting public) know becomes common knowledge to the general public who haven't been following all the latest "news" relating to this subject matter? They'll have a fcuking field day, and any sane minded person can obviously see that. In THEIR eyes, who are the greedy ones? Who do THEY think ALL the money in football goes to? The answer is the curfew breaking, drunk-driving, morally bankrupt, millionaire -(opinions fed to them by papers like the sun)- players who THEY will probably assume just need to keep their 7 figure incomes flowing in whilst the rest of us suffer financial hardship.... and when they do jump to this conclusion, and "the public" do all start venting their spleen towards the players; do you think the media in this country will jump in on behalf of the players to put the record straight, or do you think they'll just fan the flames of hatred?

Looked like you were just trying to pick an argument to me Asa.

Kinda amusing that your little straw poll of who was going to be offended was a blatantly skewed sample of "people on a football forum" as representative of "the public"s opinion, hilarious actually mate :)

The reason football (or any other sport) should be being considered right now - My brother shared this with me on FB

I am a nurse and I want to say to all my friends and family please do not clap for me tonight...you want to know why well I will tell you...today I have come out to do my shopping and I am truly saddened...I am sad that the traffic on the road is like any normal day...I am sad that so many people in the queue at the supermarket are talking about lockdown finishing next week...I am sad that social distancing seems to be all but forgotten...I am sad the general public believe this virus is all over and life can return to normal as we have hit the peak...why does all this make me sad...because we still have people in hospital we are battling to save who may have tested negative but are still displaying all the signs and symptoms of Covid-19...I am sad because I am still having to phone families and tell them their loved ones are very sick and they may need to prepare for the worst...I am sad because I'm still having to hold the hands of patients who are frightened whilst they struggle to breathe...don't be fooled people, a second wave will cripple the NHS if it comes...and also have you all forgotten 30,000 people have died from this virus including 150 NHS workers who I may not have known personally but feel like family...this is not over, it has not passed and it could come back at any moment...I beg you all to remember those who have lost their lives when you feel you have to make a non-essential journey and please,please stay at home...this may be hard, I know that I haven't had my boys at home for 5 weeks and it's painful as hell but I know they are safe...please keep each other safe and remember we will all meet again if we are sensible about this...I'm sure you would all like your friends and family to be there when lockdown ends

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.