Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It seems ridiculous that PM Johnson would this evening outline a new social distancing criteria for the general public to adhere to

But behind the scenes give the green light for the return of Premier League football.

Which straight off the Bat violates legislation : Groups " 25 On a Pitch including officials","All engaging in personnel contact".

That is not including the logistic side,support staff needed for a game to go ahead, even behind closed Doors.

Then there is the "Fall out"

The causing of large gatherings in City Centers, or near to Grounds.

Also how could one then expect the Public to adhere to the new rules and regulations ?

Sorry,to me it makes no sense.

I still personally think after PM Johnson speech football returning is dead in the water.

Not only is it still too risky for the players,staff etc.You could not possibly okay one group to engage in activities,that are deemed too risky,and are currently outlawed to the general public.

The only way Premier League Football can return is by the Players playing in 6 foot Plastic Bubbles.

1 from each side at a time, with a Ref in a Hazmat Suite,actively engaging in social distancing.
No way Boris is going to agree to football reconvening at the moment. They know we are way behind where we should be with testing, the tracking App has only just been launched and is some way off general circulation and they are shit scared of a second wave happening. The areas that have been eased are the ones considered a priority or ones proving difficult to police at the moment and possibly too strict a rule, ie sitting in a park, exercising more than once per day (this is happening currently in most places so the change won't produce too much of a spike - fingers crossed ) Boris also stressed that lockdown measures could increase if the scores on the doors indicate a worsening trend. It's bloody scary territory for them and us . Football ain't that important, not one of my mates has mentioned that they really miss it and to be fair not one of my Liverpool supporting mates has been crying about it either. To the majority of this country, football is the last thing on their mind. I've read a lot of comments in the press and on social media saying the guidelines are unclear and shit is being thrown in Boris's direction , but there's only so much you can mention in 18 minutes, he did say more info will be provided in next couple of days but you are not going to get a completely prescriptive set of rules, there are always going to be grey areas in a changing environment, it's not black and white. It's clear though that there is pressure financially to get the country working again if it is at all possible. We cannot afford to furlough forever. My old industry of public transport is going to take another hit but it's understandable that we should avoid mixing in enclosed environments if at all possible. To be at DEFCON 4 with hopeful signs of DEFCON 3 tell you how concerned they are - We can so easily be full immersed in shite

The issue isn't about 'sport' in general.

The debate is about the the premier league's desperation to somehow shoehorn the remaining games in while other far more worthy business ventures remain in limbo.

When all things are equal, yes sport does provide pleasure to thousands of people. However there is nothing normal about the current climate. Until we have an effective vaccine then I'm afraid football is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike when it comes to raising the nation's spirit.

The other thing to remember is that these new guidelines "stay alert, control the virus and save lives" is nothing more than a social experiment that enables the government to relinquish all responsibility. The tacit message from the government here is "crack on and we'll see what happens".

The government haven't got the balls to call time on the premier league so they're taking a calculated risk with the general public. A risk that many healthcare advisors have warned will lead to a significant second wave and a higher number of infections and death rates.

So in the great scheme of things the idea of a return of football is rather crass if you ask me. Let's leave all forms of sport until we're in a better place to truly enjoy them again.
good post

Asked about playing football in the park Dominic Raab has just said no because you cannot keep 2 meter apart social distancing needs to be maintained.

So how can football in any sense returm

How many teams are training at there grounds and being tested? Not heard at city united or Liverpool players doing it.

I see the giddy dipper lovers are in a wankathon to get the PL going again now lockdown is easing.
I’m done with football. This is a two fingers up to the 33000 deaths from this virus. It will return, and kill even more. The fucktards of society, just don’t care.

Asked about playing football in the park Dominic Raab has just said no because you cannot keep 2 meter apart social distancing needs to be maintained.

So how can football in any sense returm
They make it up as they go along he also said you could see different members of family then at the end then said to re iterate you cant mix households confusing.com

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.