Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

All eyes to Germany, really. If their R rate is above 1, and one of the bigger teams gets it, they'll have the plug pulled for them. And Germany has handled this 100 times better than we have, and a lot of those clubs will be really fucked in a way a lot of the PL clubs won't be.

Now you may not agree with the government announcement tonight but either Boris Johnson's government has gone out on a limb (unlikely) or SAGE deems primary school and many workplaces a safe environment. In that context, football may not have your interest at the moment but ethical opposition looks difficult to substantiate.

In practise the tests will tell us. If footballers are getting ill every week then it's clearly not practical or safe, but if they stay largely healthy I do not see how the objections expressed to date stand up.
Marvin the government just want people off the furlough scheme a.s.a.p they just been stalling until they have the nightingale hospitals ready to take on the second wave when the ristrictions were relaxed

I won't care if we win the Champions League. In my mind the league has gone and went a long time ago
How are we going to win it when teams playing us at home are going to have to isolate for 14 days before we play them, and if we play away we'll have to isolate 14 days on return ?

It's utter nonsense that it will get played anytime soon, oh and we aren't even yet through to the 1/4 final.

How are we going to win it when teams playing us at home are going to have to isolate for 14 days before we play them, and if we play away we'll have to isolate 14 days on return ?

It's utter nonsense that it will get played anytime soon, oh and we aren't even yet through to the 1/4 final.
The talk is of a CL resuming in July/August after the domestic leagues have been completed. I did not mention a start date for the CL but as far as I know if the domestic leagues are completed, the CL will follow. Do you know otherwise?

The talk is of a CL resuming in July/August after the domestic leagues have been completed. I did not mention a start date for the CL but as far as I know if the domestic leagues are completed, the CL will follow. Do you know otherwise?
We all know that everyone coming to the UK are shortly going to be told to quarantine for 14 days, I assume that also includes those that leave, so how do you see it working ?

We all know that everyone coming to the UK are shortly going to be told to quarantine for 14 days, I assume that also includes those that leave, so how do you see it working ?

The plan to complete the CL & Europa League involves all games being played in Turkey over a short period. This includes our second leg tie against RM.

No we don't know that. The French are already exempted. I assume UEFA will discuss a solution with member associations in the weeks to come. It's quite possible that the CL is played out in an overseas country as home and away legs are now pretty meaningless.

but not france apparently

Madrids new travelling gear, sorted.

0824ca290f100c9e6034b89a3ecc12af.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.