Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Season isn't starting pal. The only solution is neutral venues and the clubs to a man have point blank refused. There is too much to lose and not much to gain starting up, people are clutching at straws, the press are tripping saying the most outlandish suggestions.

No way they will just play two games to see them ****s over the line.
There are reports that the FA will insist on relegation come what may which will change the way some teams vote, or you would think so.

Imo the testing will determine whether the season restarts. If the vast majority of players stay healthy it will go ahead, and if they get sick it wont. That's as it should be.

That last one,a rebate even if games are played behind closed doors,could be a huge moment this if that’s correct,wonder if sky or bt for that matter realise the consequences of this ..

If anything good has come from this dreadful virus, it is knowing Sky and BT are on their knees and demanding a rebate.

Good luck with that too, as half the Premier League clubs have already borrowed against it or spent it.

Hence, why some clubs aren't scared by the TV companies threatening to withold monies and might as well not kick another ball this season.

So many vested interests. No surprise to see the new boss of the Premier League on the same hymn sheet as the usual suspects.

After all, they did interview him for it!

I have heard this mentioned several times. What have they been paid for so far? I was under the impression that money went for 1) number of games televised and 2) position in final league table. Neither of which have yet been paid. Is this not correct?

I could be wrong but I’m guessing the TV companies pay chunks of money in advance of the games being televised, and they’ve already coughed up the final tranche for this season.

Reading that one of the main reasons why they don’t want to play in neutral venues is sponsorship deals....

it’s actually sickening what has happened to our game. Money is all they care about
More likely not giving up home advantage,that is a liberty trying to make teams who have already played away like us with the dippers but not have home advantage for the second,that really matters to the team's fighting relegation,i think it was always a no go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.