Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I'll bite.
I like a devil's advocate :)

"Typical City" ? :D
This post is just for the young'uns to read. The older blokes know all of this already, so it'll just be going over stuff you've already read, in different forms, over the years. Probably :D

Right, so, if we were in the position that Liverpool are in right now, from just a singularly football perspective and forgetting all the depressing stuff for a minute, if we were in Liverpool's position, then it would be the most "typical City" of all "typical City" moments of all time. The King Kong of typical City. Most of us were brought up on this sort of shit, City somehow managing to have things fcuk up around us. When it seemed "as easy as falling to sleep in a ditch when shitfaced" for us to succeed, often with even the smallest of successes, City pulled defeat from the jaws of victory. Pulling defeat from the jaws of victory is in most of us "older" ...(in your eyes, in ours heads we're still 18)(maybe 23 at a push) ...anyway, us older blues have got football disaster in our DNA :) We'd be getting so much shit off our red mates, we'd be gutted, properly gutted, BUT we'd probably be gutted AND we'd be laughing our asses off, TYPICAL FUCKING CITY!

We WERE every other football clubs second favourite team for a reason and it probably wasn't really about the football we played. We always fucked it up; on and off the pitch; often debatably unjustly; always like watching a slo-mo car crash unfold before your eyes, but people liked us because we ended up laughing about it.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee NEVER win at home and we......" :)

NOT lighting candles and getting all fucking needy like that lot. They're like kids who get everything screaming at the word "no". God knows why Maybe it's a religious thing :) who knows? Who cares? I wouldn't change my stance on starting the season again though. It's dangerous. In my opinion. People might die.
Famous people might die. For entertainment.

It's the FIRST wave of a global pandemic that I have just read has lead to the deaths of upwards of 40,000 UK residents. The FIRST person died in the UK near the beginning of MARCH. Three months = 1 football match- ish. We are told that this is the first wave, if this is the case, this looks pretty bad, so we take a breath and think.

The only option is to stop the league until we know enough, and so we must think some more. As an organisation, football must plan for the worse; a long time out; and hope for the best; a return behind closed doors, NEXT season. Probably. Possibly.

Clubs will go to the wall.
ANY club could go to the wall.
WE could go to the wall.

BUT, the league still has got to be stopped. Shirley?
Has to be null and void.....football will return....dead people won't.
First paragraph was mint.....loved the shite days,blue kids these days(my own included)are spoilt:))

What is this certain age that you speak of. As I understand it this is hitting people over 50 very hard and people who have underlying illnesses of any age esp people with breathing difficulties like my Mum who was killed by this disease in March. So are you suggesting that those under 50 are safe. Well can I tell you that over 50's account for 24.79m people or 37% of the population according to estimates in 2018 that is one large minority.

No one is asking for life to be suspended indefinitely but this virus has to be got under more control than it is at present as indeed the governments own advice is that social distancing measures have to be in place in every workpplace except apparently a football field

Another thing thing a Rail worker has died because she was spat on by a guy who said he had coronavirus. Now when the players are tested they may or may not have the disease the issue is that they no one can guarantee that is still the case when they take to the field and we know how players are spitting machines are they really going to stop or will they carry personal spitoons

The figures suggest that the average number of deaths in the years 2015-2019 up to the the 24th of April was 10,458 this year the number of deaths is 21,197 which a 102% spike in the number of deaths so I suggest you look at the bigger picture
I’m sorry for your loss and under such circumstances it would be inappropriate of me to argue my point any further with you so I’ll bow out.

Just saying what if the clubs Covid19 office says the guidelines to return to football arent safe and recommends the club doesnt take part ?

Never happen, mate. COVID-19 Officers will be vetted by Stretford Shitehawks and the red scousers. It's the way all appointments will be made from now on to ensure fairness and maintain the integrity of the game.

PL Resumption Meeting 1 Minutes : Suspend x2 weeks as Arteta will be recovered by then & still plenty of time to fit in x2 liverpool games

PL Resumption Meeting 2 Minutes : Suspend another couple of weeks, im sure we will be past the peak by then. Just in case, best spread a
few rumours that PL could lose 400 million & travesty if Liverpool not crowned champions @ Anfield.
Maybe tweak remaining schedule so Liverpool play 1st two games @ home, midweek under floodlights...

PL Resumption Meeting 3 Minutes : This is getting serious, [as in we may not get Liverpool over the line]. Ramp up PR we need everyone telling
everyone that PL is a special case, no, stronger than that. Yes,that's it of course! PL resumption would be a
Beacon of Light for whole Country, a shining example that Country is turning the corner, returning to normal.
See if PR team can get Capt Tom to maybe dribble a PL branded ball down the garden, preferably wearing a
Liverpool top, tell him he can pin his medals to it if he gets narky.That should do the trick & suspend again..!

PL Resumption Meeting 4 Minutes : mmmm, not good. We are getting some stick in press. Get PR to state we will only resume PL when govt says
it is safe to do so. However, email all clubs with May 25th resume training date and email finalised dates of all
remaining games. Im sure govt will rubber stamp them. This resume word isnt strong enough, replace with
some made up, pseudo focus group jargon, that sounds like its undeniably going to actually happen instead!
Maybe Project Restart to get Liverpool over the line?...mmmm its good,but maybe best drop the ending?

Project Restart Meeting 5 Minutes : Great! Govt has agreed our Project Restart action plan but on strict proviso that behind closed doors at a few neutral venues. Nothing can stop us now.! What? Clubs vetoed neutral grounds? Aaaargh! Go back to govt &
say, to be Covid Secure we have taken advice of Fenway Sports Science Group who believe playing at each of
Clubs grounds will help to reduce 'R' If they get arsey, remind them they changed their mind on herd immunity & masks... Whilst you are there, get them to include PL players on the exemption list for x14 day quarantine
period, if flying in from abroad, [even if they aren't French]. VAR? No we don't need that, well not anymore...
Thats It! Liverpool...Champions of England!...What? Players have voted NOT to play?...Can we not just play
without them.......
Great Post!

Wow you’re patronising. I’ve got a better idea- why don’t you think about it fully. If you take your argument to the nth degree life is put on hold til a vaccine arrives which most likely will be years away, deaths from other health issues rise exponentially and society is broke with no means of paying for a healthcare system. Is that ok in your world ?

Tel Aviv blue ;-)
Football isn't our entire economy though, is it? Nth degree? Non-essential life is put on hold - as a nation we cycle through periods of lockdown followed by periods of semi-freedom - freedom to essential and lower risk activities (decided whenever and however) - new technologies are developed to aid the spread and the death rate - the NHS copes with new cases and infection rates go up and mortality rates reduce - the entertainment industry will partially go to the wall - reality will kick in - we will get over having our fix of "look what thingy looks like now!"itis - we will all get jobs that are deemed essential and our economy will grow - the people realise that THEY have the power as the country now depends upon THEM for it to succeed and economic revolution is achieved - we all take baths in champagne and go a bit crazy with power - it feels like fun - global warming kicks in and the floods kill 70% of the world's population. Is this OK in your world? ;)

Optimistic Green blue ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.