Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Do you get off on always trying to have an opposing view about everything in life? It really must be an odd World you live in.

Yes, the players will teleport to the changing room from home to get changed in their own cubicles so they don't get within 2m's of each other,at this point they will have been locked in their cages at home to not go close to their loved ones, and same again after the match after mixing with 30+ different people just so they can play footy.

P.S the last time you made a total tit of yourself on here it was over weather and the calling off of a match, genuinely I think you may need to get another hobby so you don't rely so much on football to keep you entertained, I love footy and City but right now literally couldn't give a shit compared to 'real life stuff' going on.

oooft

Almost forgot that one about the weather it was a howl and only a while back but seems like it was another era since Corona came to town.

Not sure mate and I agree with your appraisal. IIRC his location was down as being Uni a couple of years back
55 yr old student.
I was a student at University of Manchester. I did a Masters there in Astronomy and Astrophysics. I stayed on to write my research up as 'staff visitor', bu now I have accepted a Doctoral scholarship to work on a project related to Exomars (a joint Russian and European space agency mission to Mars delayed now to 2022). It relates to the Rosalind Franklin rover which is due to launch in 2022. I'll be using neutron diffraction to study the affect of perchlorate salts on the hydrogen bonding in water molecules, investigating the boundaries of life, and the self-assembly of bio-molecules, the initial building blocks of life.

Last edited:
If we don't start to open up businesses and test the waters as it were, a bit like Wildebeest crossing the African river with the crocs waiting . Many more will die from starvation than those eaten during the crossing . It may be a brutal fact but we are going to go through further waves of infection without a vaccine . The 'country' needs to start making money rather than a government printing it. If you are lucky enough to stay home and isolate, then do so , if not you will be forced to go out to work and do it as safely as you can. I'm not against football starting because it's Liverpool winning it, but i don't consider entertainment a necessary business to restart at the moment

I've made my point over and over again: an impatience or underlying feeling that "we've got to get things going again and test the waters" goes against much economic advice, as counterintuitively as it seems. Here is a paper about last timestime happened like this: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3561560

In football terms, it's like rushing your star player back from injury for a big game because he looks ok in light training. If he reinjures himself it will be worse and a longer time on the sidelines than if you had waited a few more weeks.

I was a student at University of Manchester. I did a Masters there in Astronomy and Astrophysics. I stayed on to write my research up as 'staff visitor', bu now I have accepted a Doctoral scholarship to work on a project related to Exomars (a joint Russian and European space agency mission to Mars delayed now to 2022). It relates to the Rosalind Franklin rover which is due to launch in 2022. I'll be using neutron diffraction to study the affect of perchlorate salts on the hydrogen bonding in water molecules, investigating the boundaries of life, and the self-assembly of bio-molecules, the initial building blocks of life.

Fuck me Marvin does,nt being that fucking clever give you a headache?

Academic and no CDF, quite often the case

Let's hope that your astronomical projections are far more accurate than your meteorological forecasting/reporting ;-)

Shouldn't you be forming a Pop Group?

You don't have to justify yourself to anyone on here as you have as much right as anyone else to post your opinions. It is a fact of forum life that you will get a herd mentality piling on if your opinion doesn't fit with the majority one. Many people like to reinforce each others views and launch attacks on non-believers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.