Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Totally agree , if Sky/BT dont like the situation tough , there are plenty of others who would step in Amazon & Netflix are just two of them , if Sky cannot come to an agreement over the next couple of years to sort out any short fall , then take it to court , it isnt the fault of the Premeir league that the season could not be completed , a force of nature or whatever you want call it is the cause. F*ck Sky off watch them go bust and do a deal with Amazon.

yeah I was of this mindset but both amazon and dazn have gone and done the exact same thing to the sports they already have rights to.

Hypocritical of him anyway when he was trousering £50k a week from the industry for years.

The players can’t have it all ways. They either collectively agree pay cuts which it seems many are loathe to do or they do what they are told.

I personally think it should be called off but I can see why clubs are trying to get it started to protect revenue streams. The players not budging much on pay, if at all, certainly can’t be helping the decision making.

I also think all clubs should agree a no transfers policy this summer too and just promote from within.
It looks like all systems go and it mirrors German's desperate scramble to start the season because I'm guessing Bayern Munich? Is the Women's Premier League going to restart or are that cancelling that?

Hope you displayed the same outrage when UFC held its first behind closed doors event or golf holding a match this weekend? By the time they play it will be completely safe it's just another trade restarting. Hope it goes ahead personally and good luck to any other businesses that can start to operate again.
Agreed, all businesses have to start again at some point and readjust accordingly.

But for football, it should be looking to start again next season, same rules for everyone, and with all necessary implications in place.

Telegraph reporting that the PL is on the hook to the TV rights holders for an additional 36 mill each week the season is delayed beyond July 16th. This is in addition to the 330 mill they owe even if the season is completed.

I find it difficult to believe that lawyers wouldn't successfully argue the case of clubs and the PL in court if it was called off and the TV companies told to get over it.

It is nobodies fault a global fucking pandemic arrived.

Sky Sports News putting a positive spin on it this morning.

ONLY 6 players and staff tested positive

hate skysports and how can you put spin on covid19 and saying only 6 have tested positive ?? the future of the game lies in the balance and all they can think of is we need to finish the old season ? so get everybody back and if some are positive so what we play on. liverpool need this more than anything else and have to be named champions like it or not

did anybody mention football players are just humans and not superheros ? they are no different to you and me. and breath the same air and bleed blood and can catch covid19 by mixing with others, whats it going to take somebody to die to make the premier league weak up and smell the coffee

Yep Lawton saying in his piece “Just” 6 found positive so when if premier restarts and people related to football clubs people die from it would the media come out with “Just” 1 person died? It’s a fcuking joke and hopefully when phase 2 get voted on it’s voted down if not phase 3 should be.

Last edited:
Of the sample test of 748 players and staff tested. 6 return positive diagnosis.
It works out at very slightly over 0.8%.
I'm sure this is quite high in a business that is spread out countrywide.
If it was 0.8% of railway workers or teachers , the country would probably grind to a halt for fear of mass infection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.