Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It could be worse, like here in Bosnia. There is currently a huge mass gathering going on in Sarajevo, with fans of FK Sarajevo celebrating a title and players doing a trophy parade, the same title they prematurely got for mass gatherings being banned. They were 3 points ahead of 2nd place with 11 games to play. YOu couldn't make this shit up.

The PL restarting is a fucking joke, they should just hand Liverpool the title and be done with this season.

I have serious concerns about the restart.

1/ If no fans are allowed into watch games and the TV companies get great viewing figures, they will offer more money, that makes fans irrelevant to clubs, they can exist without fans and all the expense used to cater for fans can be saved and turned into profit. As a majority of PL watchers never go to games they will not be affected by no fans being there. For the likes of me, who has been going since 1968 going to the game is more than ythe actual game itself, its the social occasion where I meet friends and have a day out, the game is the reason for it and always has been. If we cant go games then why bother going into town.

2/ I am sure fans will be there, corporate can social distance. That's fair on the average fan....not.

3/ The media who are all so happy about the restart they have been blowing trumpets about it will be there in person, the average fans will not. I challenged Delaney on this and he ignored me.

4/ What guarantee is there the season will finish anyway, a club in danger of going down can easily fabricate a covid outbreak and get fixtures postponed,

5/ How the fuck is neutral venues in any shape of form fair.

6/ 6 subs, get fucked you cant change competition rules half way through a competition

7/ What about players who are concerned about playing, how can you stop them for doing what they think is the right thing. are we going to see lawsuits?

8/ How the fuck are they going to stop fans gathering at venues when they cant stop fans going the beach. Or will it be a case of one rule for normal people and as per fucking usual one for football fans

9/ The timings of the games on TV if they are a success will become the new normal, goodbye the last few remaining Saturday 3pm KOs and welcome to 10am KO on Tuesday for the Malaysian market

10/ There is a fucking pandemic that is killing people if you haven't noticed, footballers aren't fucking immune

11/ Will footballers all have to test and trace, what if one player is found positive, the knock on effects of that are enormous considering the amount of games played in a short period

12/ Johnson is a **** and he thinks if he throws the working class a bone in allowing the PL to resume, no fucker will notice 40,000 have fucking died

13/ Why haven't the lower leagues started

14. Why has the women's league been ended sensibly

15/ How come PL clubs can get covid tests when front line medical staff cant.

16/ If the games are played rather postponed until its safe to play, local business loses thousands of pounds.

17/ If its only safe to gather in groups of 6 are they playing 3 a side and without a ref.

18/ This is fucking crazy and the R in the NW remains around 1, that means Manchester is still in danger of a second wave.

19/ Pumped in crowd noise and cardboard cut out fans.....just fuck off

20/ There is no point in football without fans , whether that be one man and his dog watching Cheadle Town or 100,000 at Wembley for a Cup Final and to play these games is nothing short of a fucking disgrace and a snub to all the fans of every club who regularly attend games home and away.

They can stick there Televised football up their arses, I will not be watching and if any of you have any sense you wont either, if the game goes on without fans then it can continue without fans and we become irrelevant because Roger the Rag from Roehampton is deemed more important than us because he has a full sky sports package.

Agree with a lot of what you say. I certainly won't be watching this farce, might listen to City on the radio but that's far from certain.

The PL restarting is a fucking joke, they should just hand Liverpool the title and be done with this season.

1/ If no fans are allowed into watch games and the TV companies get great viewing figures, they will offer more money, that makes fans irrelevant to clubs, they can exist without fans and all the expense used to cater for fans can be saved and turned into profit. As a majority of PL watchers never go to games they will not be affected by no fans being there. For the likes of me, who has been going since 1968 going to the game is more than ythe actual game itself, its the social occasion where I meet friends and have a day out, the game is the reason for it and always has been. If we cant go games then why bother going into town.

2/ I am sure fans will be there, corporate can social distance. That's fair on the average fan....not.

3/ The media who are all so happy about the restart they have been blowing trumpets about it will be there in person, the average fans will not. I challenged Delaney on this and he ignored me.

4/ What guarantee is there the season will finish anyway, a club in danger of going down can easily fabricate a covid outbreak and get fixtures postponed,

6/ 6 subs, get fucked you cant change competition rules half way through a competition

7/ What about players who are concerned about playing, how can you stop them for doing what they think is the right thing. are we going to see lawsuits?

8/ How the fuck are they going to stop fans gathering at venues when they cant stop fans going the beach. Or will it be a case of one rule for normal people and as per fucking usual one for football fans

9/ The timings of the games on TV if they are a success will become the new normal, goodbye the last few remaining Saturday 3pm KOs and welcome to 10am KO on Tuesday for the Malaysian market

10/ There is a fucking pandemic that is killing people if you haven't noticed, footballers aren't fucking immune

11/ Will footballers all have to test and trace, what if one player is found positive, the knock on effects of that are enormous considering the amount of games played in a short period

12/ Johnson is a **** and he thinks if he throws the working class a bone in allowing the PL to resume, no fucker will notice 40,000 have fucking died

16/ If the games are played rather postponed until its safe to play, local business loses thousands of pounds.

17/ If its only safe to gather in groups of 6 are they playing 3 a side and without a ref.

18/ This is fucking crazy and the R in the NW remains around 1, that means Manchester is still in danger of a second wave.

20/ There is no point in football without fans , whether that be one man and his dog watching Cheadle Town or 100,000 at Wembley for a Cup Final and to play these games is nothing short of a fucking disgrace and a snub to all the fans of every club who regularly attend games home and away.

They can stick there Televised football up their arses, I will not be watching and if any of you have any sense you wont either, if the game goes on without fans then it can continue without fans and we become irrelevant because Roger the Rag from Roehampton is deemed more important than us because he has a full sky sports package.

I agree with every point you make , this restart is just a farce driven by money. We the fans are the essence of the game, we have been sidelined all to easily , i feel completly disenfranchised by the whole mess, what has been a huge part of my life for the most of it has been taken away from me.

It could be worse, like here in Bosnia. There is currently a huge mass gathering going on in Sarajevo, with fans of FK Sarajevo celebrating a title and players doing a trophy parade, the same title they prematurely got for mass gatherings being banned. They were 3 points ahead of 2nd place with 11 games to play. YOu couldn't make this shit up.
I am thinking that will all these mass gatherings going on with the demonstrations and people crowding on beaches and in parks,i can't really see a few hundred milling about out side of a footy ground that risky,over here I mean

Who authorised a trophy parade,that seems mad,i wouldn't go near a ground or a parade till January at the earliest

I get a feeling that you’re not a fan?

Fair play, I wish more could be so concise.

Fanzone’ will be returning to Sky Sports for #PL coverage, but as a Zoom-style service to allow closed groups of fans to video chat & watch games live. BT Sport will launch a similar service called "Watch Together", while both broadcasters will offer crowd noise. [
@RobHarris

You are spot on.. The ‘R’ rate in the NWest is back above 1 as of this afternoon; the national death rate isn’t slowing as has been seen in other countries; and test/trace is nowhere near up-and-running; yet the Premier League has been allowed to siphon off tests to enable it to achieve its sole aim of securing tv ackers, all the while sitting on approx. £1.5bn of cash reserves according to its latest audited accounts. It’s wrong, very wrong.

Speaking with my family and friends today I said that Commander Gormless and his merry band of incompetent placemen and women in our government are the most over-promoted bunch of herberts ever.. even Caligula’s horse would baulk at their appointment, saying ‘Nah mate.. you’ve gone too far this time..’ As far as I can see, you can include the hierarchy at the Premier League in that too..

I think the whole thing is a farce BUT to clarify - the tests are not being siphoned off anyone’s. The PL have paid a private company for the testing. It’s not affecting the NHS to deliver their testing at all- so whilst the whole thing stinks in terms of the restart - the tests are not being taken from the NHS at all.

Can’t believe they are re-starting the Premier league when so many people are still dying.
They have started Rugby League here and they are even letting fans attend from next week I think.
But that has been made possible because we have controlled the virus here, something the UK has spectacularly failed to do.

I think the whole thing is a farce BUT to clarify - the tests are not being siphoned off anyone’s. The PL have paid a private company for the testing. It’s not affecting the NHS to deliver their testing at all- so whilst the whole thing stinks in terms of the restart - the tests are not being taken from the NHS at all.
This actually makes things worse for me from a purely political standpoint.

If a private company can be found to do tests for the PL then what the fuck were the Govt doing in not co-opting them into helping them test the rest of the country for the virus from the off.

The PL is not a special case, especially when there are more dead than can fit in a lot of PL stadiums.

Think about that, the amount who have died would fill Stamford Bridge and the PL big wigs think restarting the PL is the right thing to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.