Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Has anyone noticed that supposed social distancing when a goal is scored with players bumping fists or elbows has gone out of the window. It's all hugs, high fives, slaps on the back head etc
That was always going to happen as it is something they have been doing for so long and in some people's theory they have been tested twice a week

So Everton have to go into a virus hot spot all for money. The staff should refuse to go
If you look at this data you might conclude otherwise.

Source: https://assets.publishing.service.g...activity_Leicester_Final-report_010720_v3.pdf

kB7phWA.png

Just watching MOTD and SheffUtd’s players during their goal celebrations should be widely condemned.

They were all very very strangely lingeringly hugging each other in large groups for a long time with lots of very weird head touching and breathing all over each others’ faces.

It was like it was on purpose. It was very very weird but also not what should be happening during a pandemic, at all!

Also the spitting all over the place from all teams and managers has been as rife as ever, and not one commentator or pundit has said a dicky bird about it.

That was a great win for all the Blues who have been shielding and hardly getting out of their houses. Yes the League resumed so that Liverpool Could win the League (without points per game) but the lads are doing us proud. We will finish second and have everything to play for in the FA Cup and Champs League. Ps. The form of Sterling, Foden, KDB and Laporte is fantastic.

Is it time to start allowing some fans back soon? Perhaps from the start of next season? I see the French are allowing 50-% capacity at the Tennis in September.

I don’t see too much risk of allowing maybe 10,000 people into the stadium. No bars open. No away fans. Only ST holders and on a register if interested and then rotation basis. Maybe 1 in every 3 games initially.

Is it time to start allowing some fans back soon? Perhaps from the start of next season? I see the French are allowing 50-% capacity at the Tennis in September.

I don’t see too much risk of allowing maybe 10,000 people into the stadium. No bars open. No away fans. Only ST holders and on a register if interested and then rotation basis. Maybe 1 in every 3 games initially.
I’d hope not to be honest.

When we went into lockdown and stopped fans from attending, we were having no more than 36 deaths a day and there were around 500 new cases a day... we are still now having over 150 deaths a day on some days and are still over 500 new cases a day pretty much every day.

We may well be past the peak but we’re actually still in a far worse situation than we were when we went into lockdown. Nobody seems to be grasping this as this weird, and incorrect, notion that things are better now seems to have swept the nation just because the Premier League and the Govt think money needs to get rolling again.

And the worldwide new cases a day is constantly growing, it’s never been higher than this week.

I’m still acting like the initial lockdown is in place. I’m still working from home, still only leaving the flat to get food or to exercise once a day, still not seeing any family or friends. I don’t care that the govt have lifted some restrictions, because it’s not time to from a medical standpoint even if it is from an economic one.

If you look at the stats over the last two weeks, we are actually looking like deaths in this country are starting to plateau and may even possibly start going up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a great win for all the Blues who have been shielding and hardly getting out of their houses. Yes the League resumed so that Liverpool Could win the League (without points per game) but the lads are doing us proud. We will finish second and have everything to play for in the FA Cup and Champs League. Ps. The form of Sterling, Foden, KDB and Laporte is fantastic.
Wrong thread buddy

Wrong thread buddy

Maybe mate but this doesn’t have to be a Bluedoom thread. I was against football restarting initially but there has definitely been more pros than cons. We would have loved to have been in the ground last night buts it’s better we trounced them (watching on TV) than the League fizzle our on PPG. The Covid test results have been very good and the restart has in the main been safe.

I’d hope not to be honest.

When we went into lockdown and stopped fans from attending, we were having no more than 36 deaths a day and there were around 500 new cases a day... we are still now having over 150 deaths a day on some days and are still over 500 new cases a day pretty much every day.

We may well be past the peak but we’re actually still in a far worse situation than we were when we went into lockdown. Nobody seems to be grasping this as this weird, and incorrect, notion that things are better now seems to have swept the nation just because the Premier League and the Govt think money needs to get rolling again.

And the worldwide new cases a day is constantly growing, it’s never been higher than this week.

I’m still acting like the initial lockdown is in place. I’m still working from home, still only leaving the flat to get food or to exercise once a day, still not seeing any family or friends. I don’t care that the govt have lifted some restrictions, because it’s not time to from a medical standpoint even if it is from an economic one.

If you look at the stats over the last two weeks, we are actually looking like deaths in this country are starting to plateau and may even possibly start going up again.
You'l have problems comparing the new case rate given that the testing volume has changed significantly over the last 3 months.

In the UK the rate of decline of mortality is slowing because there are less active cases. As the number of active cases falls, the change in the number of deaths gets smaller and hence the gradient of the curve falls. It may well go up in the future, but if you look at the data in isolation, there's nothing it it which suggests an uptick in mortality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.