Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Too pessimistic. Reuters reported that Russia intends to pass regulatory approval for a vaccination programme on the 10th, 11th or 12th August before starting vaccinating healthworkers and teachers on the 15 August with a mass vaccination of their population in October.

Officially they finish a Phase 2 trial tomorrow and have yet to start their Phase 3 trial so I it's not clear that they have done all the testing but if the plans come to fruition, this brings forward normality for all, including football.
You cannot mass vaccinate anybody without stage three trials,it is a complete nonsense,you have more brains than that

I will not be surprised if the start of the football season is delayed due to the increase in the Coronavirus. The Premier League does have a duty of care to the clubs and all their staff.

I suppose they could play the matches behind closed doors, i:e no fans. Would that work.

Unless a workable vaccine does become widely available in the meantime, I honestly can’t see a full return of fans before the start of the 2021-22 season. I think this recent talk of a partial return from around mid-October was optimistic and may well be off the table completely now with the recent spike in cases. As for away games, that’s just not happening at all next season IMO.

Unless a workable vaccine does become widely available in the meantime, I honestly can’t see a full return of fans before the start of the 2021-22 season. I think this recent talk of a partial return from around mid-October was optimistic and may well be off the table completely now with the recent spike in cases. As for away games, that’s just not happening at all next season IMO.
I think the call that fans may be allowed back in October is so short sighted, it’s laughable.

The ease that second and third waves could take a grip will see us not going to the game until after a vaccine has come along.

You cannot mass vaccinate anybody without stage three trials,it is a complete nonsense,you have more brains than that
The reports I referenced refer to a schedule of mass-vaccination after initial vaccination of health and public sector workers. That's a similar set-up to the UK/US "warp speed" candidates although I think you are right to be wary of a political element to what ideally should be a scientific process.

The reports I referenced refer to a schedule of mass-vaccination after initial vaccination of health and public sector workers. That's a similar set-up to the UK/US "warp speed" candidates although I think you are right to be wary of a political element to what ideally should be a scientific process.
You don't give it to anybody until stage three trials are completed and evaluated,what the Russians is doing is unethical,the frontline staff will know that and wouldn't have it unless made to

Now we get cases revealed.....just saying

What happens with the champions league? If 22 players coaches and club officials rock up in a country where cases are soaring it’s going to be a problem. The whole point of concluding the champions league in Lisbon was to reduce the travel of clubs across the continent into different countries now we will have teams travelling all over Europe.

What happens with the champions league? If 22 players coaches and club officials rock up in a country where cases are soaring it’s going to be a problem. The whole point of concluding the champions league in Lisbon was to reduce the travel of clubs across the continent into different countries now we will have teams travelling all over Europe.
Its already happening.....

Qualifying First Round
  • Ararat-Armenia0Omonia Nicosia1
    AET
  • Molde5KuPS Kuopio0
    FT
  • Flora1Suduva1
    AETSuduva win 4-2 on penalties
  • Celje3Dundalk0
    FT
  • Dinamo Tbilisi0Tirana2
    FT
  • Ferencvárosi TC2Djurgårdens IF0
    FT
  • Maccabi Tel-Aviv2Riga FC0
    FT
  • Buducnost Podgorica1Ludogorets Razgrad2
    85 mins
  • Connah's Quay Nomads0FK Sarajevo2
    88 mins
  • KI KlaksvíkPSlovan BratislavaP
    Match postponed - Other
  • Sheriff Tiraspol2Fola Esch0
    90 mins
  • Floriana FC0CFR Cluj

Are tier 6 clubs now allowed to play behind closed doors? Think this is what i heard?
However, my local team has had a pre season game tonight and have just announced on the internet a crowd of 237.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.