Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Watched keys and gray daily YouTube program they had Gordon Taylor on he counts all of this year as season 2019/2020 season so he thinks finishing this season in November is fine! What planet are those people On.

Doubt very much that football will have the priority to use valuable test kits and lab time over essential workers. NHS, transport, food stores, all take priority over the entertainment industry. The general public would simply stop it.
As it takes about 2 days to process a test and they'll be wanting to play back to back football games, the capacity isn't in the system, each sequence of prem games requiring say 1000 tests , not including indirect staff . This would have to be repeat each round unless they went strict isolation. Even if they were allowed to do it, the speed of the tests would dictate the speed of the games. How would injured players be treated between games? . Numerous reasons why it is wrong
1) Morally
2) Impractical
3) Walker & Grealish mentality
4) Football isn't that important, i'd rather have key industry start up before some greedy football club owners

Just watching the news and reading about the expected dip in GDP for the UK economy in QTR 2 ranging from -7.5% to - 24%. That is a huge economic impact.

This will also come at a time when clubs are issuing ST renewals.

What sort of impact could this have on renewals? I can see it having a big effect.

I can also see see it impacting on Sky and BT subscriptions.

Football could really be in the shit for a while.

I read that Spanish football as an industry accounts for nearly 2% of Spanish GDP. In 2018 1.4% of all UK employment was through sport. The total in employment in sport through the EU was 1.8m people. The numbers are huge, ending sport on its own is enough to create a recession. Whatever people think should or shouldn't happen you can be sure every sport in every country is working away in the background and 99.9% of them will be looking after themselves.

Someone on here mentioned it... Any arranging of closed stadium games are skewing the results of the Premier.

Eg, LFC played City at Anfield , the return game at the Etihad HAS to have city fans, it shouldn't give them an advantage, not that much!

Same at the bottom, some teams are getting an advantage if playing away behind closed doors.

This needs highlighting to fuck because our media are choosing to ignore this simple fact .

Just watching the news and reading about the expected dip in GDP for the UK economy in QTR 2 ranging from -7.5% to - 24%. That is a huge economic impact.

This will also come at a time when clubs are issuing ST renewals.

What sort of impact could this have on renewals? I can see it having a big effect.

I can also see see it impacting on Sky and BT subscriptions.

Football could really be in the shit for a while.

it’s going to have a huge effect. Millions of people unemployed or struggling financially. I know quite a few blues have mentioned that they are not going to renew again. Myself and my brother included in that.

financial troubles and a lot of people just completely disillusioned with the greed of football.

If the club had any morals and cared about our fan base or people struggling they would reduce season ticket prices. Otherwise lots will be unable to go again and football will be played in front of empty stadiums for a long time after the virus

City need to do the right thing and stop thinking about money. Think about giving a little bit of joy back to people and allowing everyone to still watch football

Someone on here mentioned it... Any arranging of closed stadium games are skewing the results of the Premier.

Eg, LFC played City at Anfield , the return game at the Etihad HAS to have city fans, it shouldn't give them an advantage, not that much!

Same at the bottom, some teams are getting an advantage if playing away behind closed doors.

This needs highlighting to fuck because our media are choosing to ignore this simple fact .

Indeed the integrity of the league has to be upheld. Playing behind closed doors is taking away home advantage which is part of football.

No it didn't. It gets mentioned every time city win something.

They have to listen to integrity arguments, the arguments just need to be loud enough. It would be totally unfair that those lined up for titles and qualifiers get that advantage.

LFC have 3 away games left, thats 9 points made easier.

Watched keys and gray daily YouTube program they had Gordon Taylor on he counts all of this year as season 2019/2020 season so he thinks finishing this season in November is fine! What planet are those people On.
He would for obvious reasons
27 million pounds a year the PFA get of the broadcasters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.