Corrupt Officiating Within the English game

Ricster

Over the last week, and this season in particular, I dont think i have witnessed so many blatant attempts by match officials to screw a team, or attempt to have an influence on the game. I think most of us can accept that sometimes, in the moment it is easy to get the odd decision wrong but every week?

Having done a bit of research, i think it is quite obvious why linesmen are making so many howlers. The referees in our game turned professional in 2001, and are given retainers dependant on experience. Those retainers are between 38,500 - 42,000 GBP, along with a match salary of 1,170 GBP. Roughly, a referee can earn an average wage of around 60,000 GBP per annum. In 2013/14 Howard Webb is believed to have earned roughly 120,000 GBP.

When we look at the referees assistants, the earnings are a lot more worrying, 475 GBP per game, thats it! If you compare that to other assistants in other major leagues in Europe, England's lino's are definitely the most susceptible to corruption.
Spain - 1,550 GBP
Germany - 1,400 GBP
Italy - 1,300 GBP

Here are some incidents from this weekend.

John Terry Goal. How can the linesman not see that? It is impossible not to call that offside.

Leicester Penalty. Given by assistant when the players arms is at his body, it is not stretched trying to stop a shot.

Eric Dier goal vs us

West Ham throw in, given as corner, results in goal 2.27

We have all seen Linesmen flag at corners for incidents/fouls in the box also, and i have always wondered, how can they see through anywhere between 17-20 players at a time from the distance they're standing at, and when they are meant to be watching the ball incase it swings out of play. We ar talking a split second to see an incident like that.

There are, im sure, hundreds of examples of corrupt officiatng within the Prem, and if you know of any, or can remember them, please add the video. Not just City, any team that was on the rough end of a decision while in the Premiership.

I believe this has legs, and it wont be too long before we see some officials answering to the law which will tarnish our game for many years to come.

A mate of mine is a referee and is on a special FA fast track programme. He's currently doing the lower levels such as Blackburn youth, Manchester City Women, etc. If he continues his development then there's a real chance he could make the higher leagues. He's from the local area and claims to support Rochdale, although having lived with him for the whole of my third year at university I know for a fact that he has a very real liking for United - even attending some of their games. Just another for the future I guess...

(In all seriousness he's a very good referee and doesn't show any bias, although I'd still think it'd be a joke if there was ever an opportunity for him to referee the scum)

You're mistaking errors in judgement for intentionally calling it the wrong way
Es, I already said we can forgive errors in judgement, and maybe the West Ham corner was an error of judgement, but the other 3 are just corrupt. There is not another word for those decisions. You can argue the extra injury time that was added at Stamford Bridge yesterday too. That's corrupt as far as I'm concerned. The Eric Dier goal, the lineman actually goes to lift his flag, he knew what the correct decision was, yet for some reason he kept his flag down. Blatant corruption as yesterday at Chelsea. It's been going on for years

Es, I already said we can forgive errors in judgement, and maybe the West Ham corner was an error of judgement, but the other 3 are just corrupt. There is not another word for those decisions. You can argue the extra injury time that was added at Stamford Bridge yesterday too. That's corrupt as far as I'm concerned. The Eric Dier goal, the lineman actually goes to lift his flag, he knew what the correct decision was, yet for some reason he kept his flag down. Blatant corruption as yesterday at Chelsea. It's been going on for years

I disagree. I think the offside is quite obviously incorrect, I presume it's because the Lino misses the flick on which puts terry in, it a sideways header which would be hard to pick up from the sidelines, the ref could have helped him out there and didn't. I can't comment about the added time as I didn't see the game, 8 mins is certainly excessive but we know how bad Everton are for time wasting!

The Leicester pen certainly looks a pen in real time, much like Micah Richards at Liverpool back in 2012, one that with the benefit of video replays would be overturned.

I'm sure as a ref myself (doing semi professional football and under 18 professional academy's) I'm biased in favour of the referee, but I don't think that any of these decisions, or any top flight officials are corrupt.

I was looking at starting a thread like this.

I'd put both the ref and lino in that bracket from the Swansea game.

Rodger East in 2 consecutive matches has either bottled or deliberately ignored last minutes decisions which cost teams 3 points.

I've always said that officials decide the results of matches, not teams or players. Too much power in the hands of officials and that can't be right.

I've always said that officials decide the results of matches, not teams or players. Too much power in the hands of officials and that can't be right.

At the end of the day..whilst semi right..if you score unarguable goals then you will win games despite referees

It's games like the Everton one that are exceptions to the rule..close call games which are decided on one decision..like the penalty shout..and those games..can ultimately decide titles

Time for video evidence and a set amount, 3 possibly of manager appeals that get shown live on screen in the stadium so that the 4th official cant just ignore it and back his man up. They also need to be mic'd up with the audio on referrals audible to the crowd and tv audience.

The PL should also afford the best talent from across the globe to officiate at games with no more Altrincham or Bolton useless cunts doing a game at the swamp or us etc.

Games, titles, relegations and peoples jobs are now decided by these cheating clowns and its no longer acceptable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.