Corruption in English football?

What is more annoying is no one ever challenged the change of mind afterwards. The wonderful media never said squat, sky didn't raise any issues either.
Ratboy on MNF 'why wasn't he sent off?'
Spitty 'I can't understand why Taylor changed his mind'

I know, I'm laughing as I type it as well
That same season (i think) there was a decision that went in our favour which was similarly odd, but proved to me that outside influences were in contact with the on-field team.

I think it was West Brom away, long ball over the top on a counter, they scored. The officials weren't in a good place to call it (not their fault, it was a quick move). The Ref at the time had his fingers in his ear as he was running to catch up with the incident and (correctly) gave an offside decision that he and his team couldn't possibly have called from their positions. Someone told him it was off. This was all pre-VAR of course.

Again, it's all about transparency. There isn't any. Whatever they are up to behind close doors might lead to "bad" decisions or "better" ones, depending on your standpoint. But the fact all of this is shady and done without the sunlight of both other versions of VAR (Australia) and other sports is really fishy in my mind. It is open to manipulation, fraud, and corruption.

Has anyone heard of some dodgy goings on at Everton, involving everyone up to board level? I got a couple of WhatsApp messages alluding to some serious corruption, with the SFO involved, arrests to be made, and plenty of resignations.
There were stories about some PL clubs being investigated by Interpol over transfer activities and the money involved.

With the PL being such a huge money maker they could afford to pay for a legal injunction to block any publication of potential investigations.

There were stories about some PL clubs being investigated by Interpol over transfer activities and the money involved.

With the PL being such a huge money maker they could afford to pay for a legal injunction to block any publication of potential investigations.
Usmanov, who seems to be heavily involved with Everton since Kroenke bought him out at Arsenal, has a dodgy past I believe. And of course, any club Big Sam's involved with....

Usmanov, who seems to be heavily involved with Everton since Kroenke bought him out at Arsenal, has a dodgy past I believe. And of course, any club Big Sam's involved with....
You just reminded me about how quiet that went.

I remember a TV investigation into Usmanov being possibly involved with 3 or 4 clubs illegally.

That decision still annoys the sh*t out of me.

I have no doubt that someone told him not to send Luiz off, despite it being a clear and obvious Red card (even without Blue tinted specs on). Someone watching on a monitor is in no position to make a decision on that challenge unless they have a different view than the on field referee that shows the incident more clearly. They did not.
It's funny, or strange maybe, but I just searched David Luis v Aguero on You Tube and I can see nothing of the original block. However how may different angles do you want of Sergios "revenge"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.