Corruption in English football?

The UK betting industry have essentially conceded that in hindsight the initial odds of 5000/1 was a huge 'mistake' (I'm willing to bet it wasn't). And yes they did take an initial hit, but if you look at long term gains it couldn't have played out better if they'd planned it. Leicester's title win breathed life into long-term betting and the idea that outsiders can defy the odds.

In the wake of their win bookies profits actually went up. That's just an example of a £multi-billion UK industry benefiting hugely. Then you have worldwide betting, which has more than its fair share of shady characters and alleged links to organised crime. Leicester's title win made a lot of money for a lot of people who are not directly involved with football before you even get into the organisations involved in football governance (the PL 'brand' - Scudamore's comments)

And if you analyse why the 5 clubs you mention (including us) being 'uncompetitive I seem to recall more than a few dodgy decisions going against them at key moments in certain games that had bearing on league positions.
So you saying Leicester won the title in a corrupt, immoral manner?

Leicester winning the title was the best thing to happen to this league for a long time. The same could be said of us.
It showed when clubs are professionally run, sensible investment with long term planning they can succeed at the highest level.

People are hugely envious of success, so people come out with Leicester are corrupt or were using PEDs. Again same with us, we are buying titles, nothing to do with simply running a club in a fit and professional manner.

Leicester winning the title was the best thing to happen to this league for a long time. The same could be said of us.
It showed when clubs are professionally run, sensible investment with long term planning they can succeed at the highest level.

People are hugely envious of success, so people come out with Leicester are corrupt or were using PEDs. Again same with us, we are buying titles, nothing to do with simply running a club in a fit and professional manner.
I don't wish to get into a cyclical argument. All I'm saying is that there were an awful lot of coincidental happenings precluding their title win which ultimately led to a lot of money being made off the back of it for a lot of people linked to football and sports betting.

I suggest you research the true owners of Leicester City. You may change your view on the "Fairytale"

I suggest you research the true owners of Leicester City. You may change your view on the "Fairytale"
I live in Thailand, I know all about them.

They are shisters, but what has that got to do with running a club in a correct and professional manner?

You could look back to every title or cup won in history and find issues and coincidences, it's called hindsight.

I do not understand why everything now has to be a conspiracy when it involves something we don't like.

We have won 5 titles in the last 10 years, if there is a conspiracy against us, THEY are not doing a very good job to stop us.

Finally the Trafford red socks last won the title 19 years ago, yes 19 , yet many on here say THEY are given help to win it. Again, IF they are, someone is not doing a very good job.

They won it 2012/13 season.

You could look back to every title or cup won in history and find issues and coincidences, it's called hindsight.

I do not understand why everything now has to be a conspiracy when it involves something we don't like.

We have won 5 titles in the last 10 years, if there is a conspiracy against us, THEY are not doing a very good job to stop us.

Finally the Trafford red socks last won the title once in 19 years ago, yes 1 in19 , yet many on here say THEY are given help to win it. Again, IF they are, someone is not doing a very good job.
utter tripe

2000-2001
2002-2003
2006-2007
2007-2008
2008-2009
2010-2011
2012-2013

few more than 1 in 19

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.