Cost buying players in the future and timing of future purchases

WRicko

Given the affects of Corona Virus could lead to players being much cheaper should hold off and wait and see what other clubs are paying for players. We do not want to pay 60 70 million for a player if the going rate for players we want is now 20 30 40 million

The price we always be what the selling club asks unless they are desperate for the money.

Given the affects of Corona Virus could lead to players being much cheaper should hold off and wait and see what other clubs are paying for players. We do not want to pay 60 70 million for a player if the going rate for players we want is now 20 30 40 million

We have a policy of paying what we believe a player is worth , so I don't see us holding off for a player we regard as a critical signing waiting to see what other clubs are doing.

According to Sorriano the way to approach a transfer is to have 3 targets for every position you are trying to strengthen. You obviously have your primary target but you must be at some point prepared to walk away. The current situation will cause many clubs to sell just to keep in business. So the club of your primary target will know you have other more (than usual) viable options. Do they run the risk of trying to strike too hard a bargain? It's become a buyers market so surely prices will drop.

I would also think it won't take long for the first transfer to be made due to the desperation of a selling club.

Years ago we went in for Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi at different times and were mocked by de Laurentiis, we were not big enough or good enough excreta, we have been linked with Koulibaly, Jorginho he mocked us again selling him to Chelsea, now he needs to raise money with Napoli falling apart, Fabien Ruiz is the one he wants to raise money on £ 80 million, a good player who would interest us and so he mentions Real and Barca to pump the price up.
Thus is the part that relates , Unfortunately for the Fat old peado they are both skint trying to reduce wages , will be doing swap deals ,whilst trying to raise money for the transfers the fans demand, and most teams will be doing this it is a buyers market, so the fat old peado can except 10 bob or F**k off and that depends on whether we want him

A lot of clubs will be on their arse, they will need bail outs or they will go bust. This will go right up to the top divisions/leagues.

The transfer market will not be the same again.
You say that, but as we all know, UEFA, the FA and the Premier League seem to have very few problems with clubs racking up massive debts. It's owners that invest in their clubs that they have a problem with.

Unless there's a big long-term loss in income, I think a lot of clubs will just register this season as one for the bank loans to pay off. That might mean they have to tighten their belts a bit more in the coming years to help pay off that debt, but I don't think it will financially cripple loads of teams at the top end. Particularly if they're not actually going to get any money for their players. It would probably make more sense for a team like Leicester to keep Youri Tielemans in the hope of qualifying for the Champions League and accept higher debts, rather than selling him in a cut price deal that won't come close to compensating for the lost money anyway. But it certainly might limit teams ability to invest in the squad going forward, which might lower prices for the teams that can afford it. And a lot of that would be determined by what UEFA do about FFP. It would seem ridiculous to keep it in place in a season where literally everyone is going to fail it by millions.

You say that, but as we all know, UEFA, the FA and the Premier League seem to have very few problems with clubs racking up massive debts. It's owners that invest in their clubs that they have a problem with.

Unless there's a big long-term loss in income, I think a lot of clubs will just register this season as one for the bank loans to pay off. That might mean they have to tighten their belts a bit more in the coming years to help pay off that debt, but I don't think it will financially cripple loads of teams at the top end. Particularly if they're not actually going to get any money for their players. It would probably make more sense for a team like Leicester to keep Youri Tielemans in the hope of qualifying for the Champions League and accept higher debts, rather than selling him in a cut price deal that won't come close to compensating for the lost money anyway. But it certainly might limit teams ability to invest in the squad going forward, which might lower prices for the teams that can afford it. And a lot of that would be determined by what UEFA do about FFP. It would seem ridiculous to keep it in place in a season where literally everyone is going to fail it by millions.

It is not as easy as you think to cover the cost of the crisis with bank debt. The owners will be the number 1 source for covering the cost so I think FFP will have to go out of the window. Many clubs will fail unless they are bailed out.

We have a policy of paying what we believe a player is worth , so I don't see us holding off for a player we regard as a critical signing waiting to see what other clubs are doing.

You are missing my point I do not think it’s easy to tell what the price of players are right now I am not saying hold off for long or miss out on anyone just long enough to know if the going rate for the top players is say 70 80 million or 30 40 why buy a player on day one of the transfer window for more 10a of millions more than you would pay a few days or weeks later

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.