Costel Pantilimon

A A

Anonymous

Apologies if there's already a thread on him but I can't see one in the first few pages of the forum. Just think he deserves his own thread. I think so far he's acquitted himself very well. There's a hell of a lot of pressure and a lot of eyes on him because of the fact he's taken Joe's place. He seems calm and unflappable and on performances so far deserves to keep his place as first choice keeper.

BillyShears said:
Apologies if there's already a thread on him but I can't see one in the first few pages of the forum. Just think he deserves his own thread. I think so far he's acquitted himself very well. There's a hell of a lot of pressure and a lot of eyes on him because of the fact he's taken Joe's place. He seems calm and unflappable and on performances so far deserves to keep his place as first choice keeper.

He's done really well. But I've a feeling that might be his last game until Leicester in three weeks. If that's true it will be harsh on the lad but the manager has a difficult balancing act.

BillyShears said:

While I agree with your opinion in general, I can't concur on 'unflappable'. He certainly flaps. His command of high balls into the box is very poor for someone of his dimensions. Aside from that, he's made very few mistakes, which is exactly what the defence has needed.

While I believe Hart is the better keeper,Panti has done little wrong and on form deserves his place.

I did also notice he seems very popular with his teammates after the game yesterday.

FromPollockToSilva said:
BillyShears said:

While I agree with your opinion in general, I can't concur on 'unflappable'. He certainly flaps. His command of high balls into the box is very poor for someone of his dimensions. Aside from that, he's made very few mistakes, which is exactly what the defence has needed.
Flapped at the one Lennon or whoever put across the six yard box yesterday. Solid enough in his appearances though

He looks assured and more importantly, the team look fairly happy with him between the sticks.

Up to Joe to win his place back on merit as it would be unfair to drop Pants now imo.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

He's done really well. But I've a feeling that might be his last game until Leicester in three weeks. If that's true it will be harsh on the lad but the manager has a difficult balancing act.

Nah ... I reckon Joe's the cup keeper until further notice. Pants will remain keeper in the league throughout December IMO.

I think bringing Hart back for league games before then would be too early. Joe needs an extended break IMO and will come back a much better keeper for it.

I've been impressed so far. He's done a few things wrong and looks to need a bit of work on a few areas of his game (which crosses to come for, how to deal with low crossing, not taking an extra touch with his feet...) but i've already seen improvements on his long passing and his quick ditribution. He's made a few good saves too.

I think Joe has made enough poor decisions over a prolongued enough time to still be on the bench. Maybe a game against Plzen will be good but i'd have Pantillimon back in for Swansea.

I think he's done well but looks a bit weak on one on ones. He's less mobile than joe and I don't think he goes down well enough.

Still he deserves to be number 1 as he's made no mistakes so far. Although I personally think any goalkeeper could be in goal for us at the moment as it's hardly been an overworked position in the last few games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.