Could Pedro Porro be a long-term replacement for Walker?

If he has a decent half-season with us, his price doubles and we’re not strengthening Spurs. With Cancelo off, I’d give him a try.

If he has a decent half-season with us, his price doubles and we’re not strengthening Spurs. With Cancelo off, I’d give him a try.

He's an out and out RB/RWB though and that's not a position we're struggling in.

Rico has been a revelation and Walker, one of the worlds best RBs, can't get a sniff at the moment.

I just don't see how you juggle the three purely for the sake of it - and that's not even considering whether Porro himself would come to the club mid-season to play second fiddle. Cancelo essentially held a LB squad spot in the team. We need a LB, not another RB.

Porro could become an interesting prospect come summer time though if Walker does fancy a new challenge, though I'd be surprised to see him leave then - I still think he goes on a free in 2024.

He's an out and out RB/RWB though and that's not a position we're struggling in.

Rico has been a revelation and Walker, one of the worlds best RBs, can't get a sniff at the moment.

I just don't see how you juggle the three purely for the sake of it - and that's not even considering whether Porro himself would come to the club mid-season to play second fiddle. Cancelo essentially held a LB squad spot in the team. We need a LB, not another RB.

Porro could become an interesting prospect come summer time though if Walker does fancy a new challenge, though I'd be surprised to see him leave then - I still think he goes on a free in 2024.
True, we have 2 RB's, but I also see no reason Rico can't play as an inverted LB as well.

Fact is, Porro is one of the most promising young RB's in the world right now, and he is ours for a measly 17m buyback.

Kind of insane not to do this with the Cancelo situation.

It just feels like such an easy solution to pay the buyback and get this kid in. Rico can play lb If needed (he has played there for the youth sides) and porro is top quality from what I’ve seen of him.

True, we have 2 RB's, but I also see no reason Rico can't play as an inverted LB as well.

Fact is, Porro is one of the most promising young RB's in the world right now, and he is ours for a measly 17m buyback.

Kind of insane not to do this with the Cancelo situation.
Would leave us with 3 RBs and no LB. Pep doesn’t trust Gomez at the moment and Ake will be needed centrally

Someone is putting money on this as our odds on Skybet are very short and getting shorter by the hour.
120515411_txiki_377340c.0.jpg

Would leave us with 3 RBs and no LB. Pep doesn’t trust Gomez at the moment and Ake will be needed centrally
Like I said, I see no reason Rico can't play LB in the inverted role.

Ake is not needed centrally as we have 4 other CB's already (why is he needed there?), he can continue at LB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.