Could we get off to a slow start with a world cup hangover?

Didn’t we start like a house on fire after the last euros? I know that doesn’t include our South Americans, but it indicates maybe we will be ok.

Yeah, I'm very worried. So worried in fact that I've decided to give next season a miss

Wipe your fanny @worsleyweb

We're head and shoulders above anything else in the Prem and have by far and away the best squad in Premier league history to cope with any tiredness

I have not got one. A fanny that is.

Didn’t we start like a house on fire after the last euros? I know that doesn’t include our South Americans, but it indicates maybe we will be ok.
Copa America was on at the same time, Argentina reached the final.

I am assuming quite a few of our lads will get to the latter stages of the world cup and just noted the charity shield is something like 42 days away.

Is anyone a bit worried about how we may start the season? Wolves and Arsenal in the first 3 games is not easy and it will be very interesting to see when players return for pre season and if Pep uses a lot the players who have not been at the world cup a lot early on.

I can see Sane, LaPorte, Mahrez if he signs being absolutely pivotal early on.
I think so. I said similar about opening fixture. I wanted a home game and easy start because I thought we might have a World Cup hangover. We have 16 players at World Cup. More than any other club in the world.

Its not a myth there has been other top 6 meetings on the first day, we have not had one since we were a top team as far as I can remember. I would argue in a world cup year that is harder to have the so called lesser teams early on

We normally get very early a promoted team away as their first home game. The worst time to play them whilst they're still on a high before they've been deflated by their experience in the PL. This has happened so many times of late.

I agree would be nice to have a fixture on boxing day or at least before New Year in the Xmas fixtures but it didn't do us any harm last season

From a selfish point of view Boxing Day is one of my favourite days of the year, when all the family get together, so I don't mind it being away so I can sit on my own, drink wine and watch it on TV. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.