Coventry City could be expelled from the League 25/04

They didn't own the ground - the council and another company owned it - they in turn flogged it on the cheap to WASPS to avoid being saddled with a white elephant. That is why it pissed SISU off, they were running the club into the ground in the hope that SISU would get the ground on the cheap but the council flogged it to WASPS instead.
I wrote about this for KOTK a while ago.

SISU, the hedge fund that bought Coventry, essentially tried to bankrupt the company that owned the Ricoh Arena. Doing that would have enabled them to buy it on the cheap. ACL, the company that owned the stadium, sold it to Wasps from under SISU’s nose and they took legal action. They’ve lost every action they’ve brought but still persist. Incredibly, the EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey recently claimed that the owners’ interests were in tune with the those of the fans. Even Jim White was left speechless by that.

Surely FFP was designed to prevent clubs from going under. Or was it to stop us? :-)
Yep.

Remember us being giddy whilst the PL delayed a dippers points deduction when they nearly went bust.

You really don't like them, do you? What did they do, ban the tuneless gobshite from their city?
Ha ha - first time I saw the Man was in that crap city.
Cov are to me what Leeds are to you. I still have the scars from living there and sadly my mum still does live there.... it means every time I return home, I have to make the dreaded trip to the ghost town (or bribe my mum to come back to Manchester so I can avoid the place)

Cov are to me what Leeds are to you. I still have the scars from living there and sadly my mum still does live there.... it means every time I return home, I have to make the dreaded trip to the Ghost Town (or bribe my mum to come back to Manchester so I can avoid the place)

So that’s where Jerry Dammers got his inspiration!

;-)

It saddens me when any club is abused the way CCFC has been by Sisu. It’s a similar situation at Blackpool and that twat Oyston.

Why can’t owners like these fuck off and just sell the club to a party - any party - that actually cares and wants what’s best for it.

So that’s where Jerry Dammers got his inspiration!

;-)

It saddens me when any club is abused the way CCFC has been by Sisu. It’s a similar situation at Blackpool and that twat Oyston.

Why can’t owners like these fuck off and just sell the club to a party - any party - that actually cares and wants what’s best for it.
Because all they care about is money. Do you think the Glazer's have any interest in the rags? Nope, as long as the $$$$ keeps coming through that's all they care about. (Sorry, no pound sign on my keyboard!)

Cov are to me what Leeds are to you. I still have the scars from living there and sadly my mum still does live there.... it means every time I return home, I have to make the dreaded trip to the ghost town (or bribe my mum to come back to Manchester so I can avoid the place)

The city centre has changed these days. Big uni City. Should give it another go.

The city centre has changed these days. Big uni City. Should give it another go.
My son went to Coventry Uni, and its done him very well, its considered one of the best in the country, but the City Centre is still a shithole, and its full of knuckle dragger's from what I saw, it must be one of the few populations that are uplifted by the student population.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.