Coventry City

uweuweuwe

What a mess they are in. Just heard Richard keys on talksport slagging the owners off and didn't realise how bad a state they were in. They don't own the ground and could be moved out if no deal is agreed, training ground looks like it's may be sold for development and academy may be forced to shut. It seems to stem from the takeover by the group headed by Ray Ranson. Think we can count ourselves lucky we dodged that bullet.

What a mess they are in. Just heard Richard keys on talksport slagging the owners off and didn't realise how bad a state they were in. They don't own the ground and could be moved out if no deal is agreed, training ground looks like it's may be sold for development and academy may be forced to shut. It seems to stem from the takeover by the group headed by Ray Ranson. Think we can count ourselves lucky we dodged that bullet.
Bought by a hedge fund. Those rapacious capitalist bastards don't give a fuck and come out richer regardless of what they do.

Absolutely shocking what is going on down there, Mowbury is the latest in a long list of managers that have been shafted by Sisu their owners. I signed the online petition that was going around a week or so ago, they were around 20,000 signatures I think.

Bought by a hedge fund. Those rapacious capitalist bastards don't give a fuck and come out richer regardless of what they do.
It's an utter scandal. They were bought by a firm called SISU Capital, whose intention has seemingly been to bankrupt the owners of the Ricoh Arena (jointly owned by the council & a charity) so they could take it over at a knock down price.

They refused to pay the lease charge on the stadium for no good reason so Coventry were thrown out and forced to play home games at Sixfields in Northampton. They moved back when Wasps bought out the stadium owners.

They've just lost a case in the High Court which found that they seriously mismanaged Coventry and don't have a sustainable plan for its recovery.

It's my understanding that when City was up for sale in 2006/7, with Ray Ranson interested, he was backed by SISU. And apart from playing on Sky Blue and Joe Mercer, there's one other connection we had with Coventry - we also play in a stadium we lease and don't own.

So you have to wonder what might have happened if Ranson had managed to buy the club.

The FA/Football League should be able to force the owners out but have been utterly supine throughout this affair.

cov%20140%20Ernie%20Hunt.jpg
Jimmy-Hill.jpg

I remember Ernie Hunt when he played for Everton and one particular game at Goodison November 67 against us he scored a equaliser,he must have been at least 4 yards offside.I remember Big Mal going crackers after that match but we went on and won the League that season so all was well.

Still got the programme, was it Hunt ?

Very sad for Coventry FC demise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.