Coventry City

I love this reply:

Go through the squad
1 step beyond
2 tone
3 nelson Mandela.

Great reference to the whole movement.
I was living in the concrete jungle at the time. Didnt appreciate the scene as too wrapped up getting into punk in 1979 a year after it was effectively over! (I was 16....)
To me it was punk or nothing you couldnt be eclectic with your taste!
Madness to me were a cartoon band, the Monkees for the 80's. But i did like The Beat and early UB40.
The Specials i look back on and wrote some cracking tunes, totally sound tracking the times.
I maybe wrong but i think Ghost Town was No 1 the week of Charles and Di's wedding....

I was living in the concrete jungle at the time. Didnt appreciate the scene as too wrapped up getting into punk in 1979 a year after it was effectively over! (I was 16....)
To me it was punk or nothing you couldnt be eclectic with your taste!
Madness to me were a cartoon band, the Monkees for the 80's. But i did like The Beat and early UB40.
The Specials i look back on and wrote some cracking tunes, totally sound tracking the times.
I maybe wrong but i think Ghost Town was No 1 the week of Charles and Di's wedding....

Yeah, you’re right. It became No. 1 on 11th July and spent three weeks there. Shakin' Stevens' Green Door took over on 1st August. The royal wedding was near the end of July.

I stayed with my aunt and her family in Northamptonshire during early July, and its first week at No. 1 was that week.

Interestingly (or not), I left their house to travel back to my home in Cornwall early on the following Sunday morning , and as I approached the M4, I was waved down by a policeman, who asked where I was going and where I’d come from.

I told him and he explained that he and colleagues were looking for ringleaders of the ongoing riots, but I didn’t look like I was one of them and he allowed me to go on my way.

Yeah, you’re right. It became No. 1 on 11th July and spent three weeks there. Shakin' Stevens' Green Door took over on 1st August. The royal wedding was near the end of July.

I stayed with my aunt and her family in Northamptonshire during early July, and its first week at No. 1 was that week.

Interestingly (or not), I left their house to travel back to my home in Cornwall early on the following Sunday morning , and as I approached the M4, I was waved down by a policeman, who asked where I was going and where I’d come from.

I told him and he explained that he and colleagues were looking for ringleaders of the ongoing riots, but I didn’t look like I was one of them and he allowed me to go on my way.
Ha ha really?

Takeover and late bid for the stadium with the current stadium owners going into administration.
Will Doug King and his brother Juan will sell us some cheap hardly used 2nd hand seats for our North stand expansion?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.