Cover bands

The Smyths are a good Smiths tribute band. They play the Ritz every February to a sold out crowd. It's the Queen is dead 30th anniversary next year and they will play that album and many others. Play for about 2 hours and lots of old stuff. Have a few beers beforehand and it's a good night out if you like the Smiths music.

Have been asked to go to this manchester cover bands gig at the academy in december

Have been to loads of gigs over the years,but never been to see a cover/tribute band

I dont get cover bands at all i just think its a cop out or that you cant write your own material etc etc,
(apologies to any bluemooner who is part of one,no offence intended)

Obviously there is a market for such bands

Anyone been to see a cover band and would you recommend going ?

Suppose if i stand at the back get drunk and dont look at the band and just listen to the music i might be ok lol
With any luck it'll be this lot.

Ed, I saw the Floyd just before they issued wish you were here at Edinburgh's Usher Hall so must have been 73 or 74. They were good but not great. I have seen Oz Pink Floyd a couple of times and I stand by my original comments - they were better live. Neither bands stand comparison as live acts to Led Zeppelin, Yes, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, The Who or The Stones all of whom I have seen live. Didnt see Deep Purple as I wa not particularly partial. Dont feel I have huge gaps in my life musically..:-)

I was just to young to see the Floyd on their 1974 UK tour. I've not seen Led Zepellin and they are the biggest gap in my musical life. I just about seen everybody else including bands I wasn't overly bothered about such as Barclay James Harvest, Wishbone Ash, Def Leppard, the Jam, Samson, Rose Tattoo to name but a few.

There is a partial bootleg recording of the Usher hall gig 1974 I have it somewhere in my collection although it sounds like it was recorded in the toilet of the pub across the road.

I know Dave Gilmour endorses the Aussie Pink Floyd and my mate saw them at Jodrell Bank last summer with Hawkwind and he did say they were excellent musically.

I think 1974 was when The Floyd started using the huge circualr screen to project films onto.

Like football music is about opinions thats why I love both, I enjoy watching City and I still enjoy dragging myself to gigs. ACDC two weeks ago at Wembley, Fish in a couple of months in Sheffield, and Judas Priest at the Apollo Manchester in November are all in my diary.

Last edited:
I was just to young to see the Floyd on their 1974 UK tour. I've not seen Led Zepellin and they are the biggest gap in my musical life. I just about seen everybody else including bands I wasn't overly bothered about such as Barclay James Harvest, Wishbone Ash, Def Leppard, the Jam, Samson, Rose Tattoo to name but a few.

There is a partial bootleg recording of the Usher hall gig 1974 I have it somewhere in my collection although it sounds like it was recorded in the toilet of the pub across the road.

I know Dave Gilmour endorses the Aussie Pink Floyd and my mate saw them at Godrell Bank last summer with Hawkwind and he did say they were excellent musically.

I think 1974 was when The Floyd started using the hugh circualr screen to project films onto.

Like football music is about opinions thats why I love both, I enjoy watching City and I still enjoy dragging myself to gigs. ACDC two weeks ago at Wembley, Fish in a couple of months in Sheffield, and Judas Priest at the Apollo Manchester in November are all in my diary.
nice one mate. Yes you are spot on re the circular screen. Maybe it was an off night for them but even now listening to some of their live recordings I sometimes sense a lack of energy or something thats difficult to put my finger on. As you say, everyones musical taste is different - thats what makes life interesting. My last two gigs have been High flying birds and bette midler - both brilliant by the way! Keeps you young :-)

Most of you dont seem to have any problem with cover bands so think it will be a good night going off what has been said

These are the bands that are on on the night

A Tribute to Manch25ter ft The Clone Roses + The Oasis Experience + These Smiths + true Order + special guest DJ Phil Beckett (Stone Roses Tour DJ) – Friday 4th December - £15

Cover band? Tribute band? Fucked if I know, but these guys are the best at whatever the fuck it is that they do.

Seen these guys, they were great. Another good one in the States is `One' Metallica cover band, surprisingly good

Most of you dont seem to have any problem with cover bands so think it will be a good night going off what has been said

These are the bands that are on on the night

A Tribute to Manch25ter ft The Clone Roses + The Oasis Experience + These Smiths + true Order + special guest DJ Phil Beckett (Stone Roses Tour DJ) – Friday 4th December - £15
Is Phil Beckett the real Stone Roses tour DJ or just some bloke pretending to be him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.