Coverage on Radio Manchester

blueyorkie

Like many we tune into the after match coverage on leaving the stadium but we have noticed a worrying trend in recent months. Post match comments and analysis appears to have been reduced and the number of City callers seems restricted. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this trend. This station had a strong connection with the club over many years but there does not appear to be the same depth of City content on match days. Quite often City callers seem to be backed up behind Bury, or Bolton callers, no disrespect to them but the vast majority of listeners will be City orientated.
Anyone else feel the same?

Like many we tune into the after match coverage on leaving the stadium but we have noticed a worrying trend in recent months. Post match comments and analysis appears to have been reduced and the number of City callers seems restricted. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this trend. This station had a strong connection with the club over many years but there does not appear to be the same depth of City content on match days. Quite often City callers seem to be backed up behind Bury, or Bolton callers, no disrespect to them but the vast majority of listeners will be City orientated.
Radio Manchester is the most biased pro-City media source in the entire world. I wish they wouldn't put little kids on the phone in, but they generally make as much sense as the lemons who phone in with their comedy opinions.

It always seems to me that very few City fans call these programmes eg 606. And those that do seem prone to idiocy.

After Southampton game I turned it on and they were blabbering about Rochdale for 10 mins.

The thing that annoyed me tho ( we spoke about this in the car) was that the 1st City caller was going on about Mangala and, as Mangala hadn't played, it had no relevance to the game! They wasted 5 mins talking about it. I do like Lakey tho.

The point really is that the coverage of City is regressing, its not about the quality of the callers, that was just an example of how we're being snubbed. What's next, no local coverage of our games?

It has dropped off I've noticed this with BBC Manchester as well,last week all Rochdale on way there and on way home was Oldham all the way as they had lost at Crewe ffs,end of the world and all that,I'm beginning to think about fucking it off on way home now,and put 5 live or talkshite on in future

Cannot fathom how they let callers on who have neither been to the game, nor watched in on the TV. Makes no sense whatsoever.

BBC Radio Manchester is exactly that - has to cover all local clubs in the Greater Manchester Area on matchdays. At least we have a dedicated magazine programme on a Tuesday evening for the more in depth analysis (dare I call it that)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.