COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are on a hiding to absolute nothing. Can't do right for doing wrong.

Enforce the rules - people complain
Don't enforce the rules - people complain

A consequence of wishy washy rules and lack of leadership right to the top of government.

Exemption cards​

If you have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering:

• you do not routinely need to show any written evidence of this
  • you do not need show an exemption card
This means that you do not need to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about your reason for not wearing a face covering.

However, some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

Carrying an exemption card or badge is a personal choice and is not required by law.
If you wish to use an exemption card or badge, you can download exemption card templates. You can then print these yourself or show them on a mobile device. Please note that the government is not able to provide physical exemption cards or badges.

So the woman had done the right thing downloading something from the internet to try and be helpful. Legally she wasn't obliged to do so or produce any evidence.

if she has no mask, and any sense or morality towards others, she wouldn't attempt to enter a shop.
There is online shopping, friends and family
She is a selfish prick.

if she has no mask, and any sense or morality towards others, she wouldn't attempt to enter a shop.
There is online shopping, friends and family
She is a selfish prick.

She may have no friends and family, cannot afford the £40 minimum spend, delivery charge or get a delivery slot for weeks. So she should stay home and starve then? If others are wearing masks and distancing I'm sure they'll be fine.

The point is it isn't illegal to enter a shop without a mask, nor do the shop staff or police have the right to remove you or fine you, or ask you to provide any proof of your disability or to explain it. Those are the government rules.

She may have no friends and family, cannot afford the £40 minimum spend, delivery charge or get a delivery slot for weeks. So she should stay home and starve then? If others are wearing masks and distancing I'm sure they'll be fine.

The point is it isn't illegal to enter a shop without a mask, nor do the shop staff or police have the right to remove you or fine you, or ask you to provide any proof of your disability or to explain it. Those are the government rules.
its not hard to wear a face mask. if you were venerable you wouldnt be out shopping. we are far too soft and liberal in this country. she should have been fined on the spot and then marched straight to a cash point. it happens over most of Europe.

Cold as feck down here last couple of evenings. Stay warm.

-Cold air can inhibit the immune system. The blood vessels contract, and fewer white blood cells are present in your nose and throat to fight viruses and other infections at the source.
-SAGE have 4 degrees C as a sweet spot for the spread of Corona.
-Traditional flu is much more prevalent in the cold weather, and you certainly do not want to end up with both diseases.

And vitamin D levels drop as we get less exposure to sunlight. If you haven't already thought about a vitamin D supplement, it's a good time to do so.
Always a worry.
Although his cold water therapy fits in with this i don’t know.
I used to get ill every single winter.
Then I started running (ironically in mid winter a few years back).
I subsequently didn’t get ill every winter (and actually, was only last Xmas with that awful coughing flu did I finally succumb),
I take vit D every day now too.

its not hard to wear a face mask. if you were venerable you wouldnt be out shopping. we are far too soft and liberal in this country. she should have been fined on the spot and then marched straight to a cash point. it happens over most of Europe.

Really? Is this correct?

For a start It goes against natural justice in that there is no right of appeal, I accept that is a price worth paying due to the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in but we already know that fines have been given out incorrectly. Do you not think the police marching people to cash points for fines which you can't appeal is open to potential abuse and corruption?

Last edited:

The rules are different in other countries for sure. They are very clear here though. It is actually hard for some people to wear a mask, just because it isn't for you that doesn't mean it isn't for others. The fact she endures physical and/ or mental distress by wearing one doesn't mean that prevents her from going shopping, but wearing one will. You are totally missing the point, like the other poster. Whether you personally agree or not the police are breaking the law by challenging her and fining her. That is the law in the country she resides in. They and shop workers are warning they could be taken to court and fined up to £10,000 for acting in the manner they did to this lady. Or would you rather we had a police state where the police can ignore the rules and regulations they took an oath to uphold?

I do know, however, that some people will use this law to flout the mask wearing legislation of course and not be medically exempt. It isn't the police or the shop workers decision to challenge that or bully and fine the woman though. One exemption is it causes them mental distress and by challenging them they would certainly exacerbate that condition.

Always a worry.
Although his cold water therapy fits in with this i don’t know.
I used to get ill every single winter.
Then I started running (ironically in mid winter a few years back).
I subsequently didn’t get ill every winter (and actually, was only last Xmas with that awful coughing flu did I finally succumb),
I take vit D every day now too.

Is that Wim Hof you mean regarding cold water therapy? He has had some medically tested remarkable results for himself and others using that and breathing techniques.

She may have no friends and family, cannot afford the £40 minimum spend, delivery charge or get a delivery slot for weeks
then she needs a litlle help from the authorities of which she can reach out to, there are many different branches, before putting the public at risk

then she needs a litlle help from the authorities of which she can reach out to, there are many different branches, before putting the public at risk
She doesn't, she would be taking those services away from people not physically able to get to a shop. She can she just can't wear a mask. She is legally entitled to go and do her shopping without one without being confronted, threated, kicked out of the store and fined. Whether you or the police or the shop like it or not that is the law. Like the police should do I suggest you go to the government site and read the law on mask exemptions.

I find it uncomfortable to wear one after having pleurisy some time ago and mild asthma. I find breathing difficult and the mask makes me cough a lot, which causes alarm in some others as they think I have covid. I can bear it so I wear it. The reason is I know, like this woman, if I didn't I would face confrontation from shoppers, shop workers and possibly the police. A head injury five years ago means I am liable to lose my temper very quickly if confronted or put into a stressful situation. I am getting better at managing it but it can still be unpredictable. To avoid a violent confrontation I wear the mask. Funny though at the peak of the pandemic I didn't have to and numerous experts said they were of little use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.