COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exemption cards​

If you have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering:

• you do not routinely need to show any written evidence of this
  • you do not need show an exemption card
This means that you do not need to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about your reason for not wearing a face covering.

However, some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

Carrying an exemption card or badge is a personal choice and is not required by law.
If you wish to use an exemption card or badge, you can download exemption card templates. You can then print these yourself or show them on a mobile device. Please note that the government is not able to provide physical exemption cards or badges.

So the woman had done the right thing downloading something from the internet to try and be helpful. Legally she wasn't obliged to do so or produce any evidence.
The police have zero powers to do anything about it or indeed do much to stop dickheads head's being dickhead's It's a fucking farce and one of the reasons we're in the state we're in.
Folks should have to at least wear a visor

Are you sure about that, a supermarket or shop is private property and I imagine they can refuse entry or service to whoever they choose.
They can but they don't.
In fact the supermarkets have been very slack and I thought they were bad enough in March/Aoril/May.
Back then you didn't get in unless you cleaned the trolly handle and sanitised your hands.

They can but they don't.
In fact the supermarkets have been very slack and I thought they were bad enough in March/Aoril/May.
Back then you didn't get in unless you cleaned the trolly handle and sanitised your hands.
Traffic light system in use here. Only enter on green and having wiped hands and trolley. Masks required unless exempt.

Is that Wim Hof you mean regarding cold water therapy? He has had some medically tested remarkable results for himself and others using that and breathing techniques.
Yes - I’m sure there are other proponents of this type of therapy too.
I’ve not tried tbf but there’s lots too f interesting data from it.
I think being as active as you possibly can and taking the right supplements will go someway towards having better overall health.

Really? Is this correct?

For a start It goes against natural justice in that there is no right of appeal, I accept that is a price worth paying due to the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in but we already know that fines have been given out incorrectly. Do you not think the police marching people to cash points for fines which you can't appeal is open to potential abuse and corruption?

They're loving their new powers, walking round like they're chewing gum between their butt cheeks

Exemption cards​

If you have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering:

• you do not routinely need to show any written evidence of this
  • you do not need show an exemption card
This means that you do not need to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about your reason for not wearing a face covering.

However, some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

Carrying an exemption card or badge is a personal choice and is not required by law.
If you wish to use an exemption card or badge, you can download exemption card templates. You can then print these yourself or show them on a mobile device. Please note that the government is not able to provide physical exemption cards or badges.

So the woman had done the right thing downloading something from the internet to try and be helpful. Legally she wasn't obliged to do so or produce any evidence.

My point being, they're in almost an impossible situation with so many rules which are changing almost by the week. Aside from dealing with everything else they get on with, and working throughout this going in and out of homes where in a lot of cases come into contact with people who perhaps don't all keep the best of hygiene putting themselves at risk. All this and they have to contend with Joe public shoving phones in their faces for some likes on the Internet at any given opportunity.

Nah, sorry, it wouldn't be me.

The recent official NHS statistics of Hospital Covid deaths show of the 39750 hospital deaths just 1723 had no 'pre-existing condition' (heart disease,diabetes,etc) . Almost 1400 of those 1723 were in the over 60 age bracket.

Late last night I posted a table of the 10 GM boroughs over the past 6 weeks to show how their weekly Pop number changed day to day (or rather every couple of days for simplicity).

If you look at it you can see everywhere seemed to behave in much the same way and was rising up to around the 3/4 November when it pretty much peaked and then started to fall - in some cases quite sharply - almost immediately and has been falling ever since.

I don't know how that squares with the different measures being imposed as it has been more like the hokey cokey than a long term plan in the NW.

But anyone who does know the details of when measures were introduced, changed or ended can plot them via that data on page 7279,

I would be curious if it reveals what has/has not worked to tip this into decline.

Though it may be that it was simply the wave running its course in the NW first as it had been in full flow here longer than most other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.