COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tragic news. What I find odd is that the likes of France not that long ago were having 80k infections per day but a disproportionate amount of deaths compared to the Uk. What are other countries doing that means their infected citizens recover and ours don’t. Or are othe4 countries falsifying the number of deaths, recording them differently or treating people better.
Well for one, people get beaten up by the police if they're Covidiots. They then get arrested and thrown in a cell with other covidiots, if one has it, it pretty much guarantees infection. They then either survive or die. If they survive they stop infecting others.

Well for one, people get beaten up by the police if they're Covidiots. They then get arrested and thrown in a cell with other covidiots, if one has it, it pretty much guarantees infection. They then either survive or die. If they survive they stop infecting others.
I love the French

Well for one, people get beaten up by the police if they're Covidiots. They get arrested and thrown in with other idiots, pretty much guaranteeing infection. They either survive or die. If they survive they stop infecting others.
I have previously advocated some form of tougher punishments for idiots but apparently fining everyone 10k and slapping them in prison for six months wasn’t the right answer

Absolutely tragic all this.
Was convinced the ‘good news’ would continue and that blind faith of optimism (re numbers of deaths) would prevail.
Starting to feel just as stark as the first wave (and when the PM looked like a potential victim too).
Grim. Hunker down folks.

I am amazed 60,000 got it today. How many people are still coming into contact with others? Where and how are they getting it?
At home from teenage kids who got it at school 10 days ago, and have been infectious at home without their parents knowledge.

A colleague of mine is isolating because his daughter tested positive last Sunday, last I heard he hadn't been tested and had no symptoms, but I'm trying to stay out of the loop for now, as I was on the desk the day after he was last there. Luckily I'm paranoid about cleanliness since early this year, but I worked that day with 3/4 others who'd been with him for the 2 previous days, and this exactly shows how it can be spread.

Kid I've never met, and live 30 miles from it, caught it, probably at school, she might have given it to her dad (we don't know yet but given he's in the house with her quite likely), who might then have given it to 3/4 colleagues he worked with for 12 hours, twice, who subsequently could have given it to me, all over several days. Yes lots of "might be's" obviously, but people need to know/think how it can spread whilst everyone involved is still being sensible, and following the rules, and all of this in tier 4.

Dentists always have an emergency number and gp's dont usually give antibiotics for dental as they could miss something if it is not just an abcess, he was right to say go to the hosp if you really cant get emergency dental care
Not all dentists are working, some have never reopened.

My missus works in a predominantly NHS one that has, and they're seeing people from all over the area (and in some cases outside), from dentists referring patients to hers, they are having to pay private rates to get an appointment, and as result actual NHS patients are being seen less, they're not doing routine check ups, mostly only emergency, and often referrals from elsewhere.

All this with ridiculous difficult new rules over PPE, and where the dentist has to work in 2 surgeries (due to covid practises), so they are also working at half capacity dentist wise, and yet doing more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.