COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a clothing/outdoors shop here where the owner went in every day by helicopter.
Used to fly over our house regularly
There are a few that come in to the city we live via helicopter fairly regularly in the summer.

Up the coast are some very large mansions (some on their own islands) for wealthy/famous people that like the seclusion and rustic charm of the Maine coast.

They’ll be there when **** hits the fan, no doubt.

There are a few that come in to the city we live via helicopter fairly regularly in the summer.

Up the coast are some very large mansions (some on their own islands) for wealthy/famous people that like the seclusion and rustic charm of the Maine coast.

They’ll be there when **** hits the fan, no doubt.
No one rich up here, although the guy with the helicopter had a couple of bob

Mother in law works at a school, the Head Teacher has just returned from a ski holiday in Northern Italy.

Decided to go straight back to work thinking that checking her own temperature would be enough.

Fucking stupid **** has now gone home ill with a fever and likely infected many of the school if she’s got it.

If she has I’d sack her.

Completely agree.

As I say to my missus, “always try to maintain Zab energy.”

giphy.gif
I could do with a bit of that,he should bottle it and sell it

Mother in law works at a school, the Head Teacher has just returned from a ski holiday in Northern Italy.

Decided to go straight back to work thinking that checking her own temperature would be enough.

Fucking stupid **** has now gone home ill with a fever and likely infected many of the school if she’s got it.

If she has I’d sack her.

Off the chart levels of arrogance and stupidity. Which area is this if you don't mind me asking?

Spanish Flu also attacked the immune system, which this does not, thus killing healthy-aged people too.

It’s a totally different flu mate.
To be precise, Spanish Flu didn’t attack the immune system (any more than any infection does, that is) — the “inexperienced” immune system of a young person who was infected overly aggressively attacked the person to try to purge the virus, causing many complications that often lead to death, including organ failure.

It is why it had a bimodal mortality rate (mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older) and why it flummoxed medical professionals at the time, as they had a fairly rudimentary understanding of normal immune response. It also killed so many people partly due to the timing of the outbreak (WWI).

But it is very important to note that we really don’t know if COVID-19 actually doesn’t impact younger people as much as the old/infirm (who are always an at-risk population for these types of viral infections). The data is far, far too limited to make such conclusions.

And we don’t yet know it’s impact on all age and health quality cohorts by economic strata and healthcare access. It could very well have substantial impacts on younger populations in certain regions.

It is also worth offering another reminder that the current confirmed numbers are all but certain to be much lower than actual numbers, both due to the natural limitations of early data collection (real assessment can’t really take place until after an outbreak cycles finishes) and artificial constraints to reporting and assessment (China restricting data access and/or suppressing reporting and Iran not having the systems or expertise to accurately report).

They are totally bullshitting on the numbers for me. An Italian footballer has it and two pro cyclists, what’s the chances of that out of 800 so called diagnosed in Italy? The Iranian Minister? Again what are the chances that he is one of the people unfortunate enough to get it? I’ve got a feeling this is going to explode this next week or so. I’m going to Wembley fully masked up ! I worry about my mum on this. She has COPD and would be in big trouble if she got this.

Ive had clients on to me all day today too. These markets are a nightmare! I’ve rarely seen panic on the markets like this and being doing the job 30 plus years.
Yep I work in a similar market to you and the fallout of this of this lasts more than 3 months is gonna be worse than most people realise

Mipim property exhibition in south of France on 9th of March has seen multiple companies pull out today. Gutted was looking forward to it.

Really hope this episode passes quickly and as the weather improves it slows down or stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.