COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to get these tests out to frontline staff as soon as, my wife has diabetes but is now off work, my daughter not in school, so they are safe, the only person they are going to get it off is me. I’m back in work tomorrow, if I get it through meeting members of the public or even work mates, I do t really want to go back unknowingly home with it.

people are begging for it because two weeks ago it was sing happy birthday, wash your hands and take it on the chin.

It was reality that set in, not some kind of reverse psychology Boris masterclass.
It’s a plan imo, nothing to do with reverse psychology, just a plan. Trust the masses, if they let us down we will have to make decisions for them. During such time many things can be implemented.

So the guy who normally gives me a lift to work has booked the day off today which meant I had to get the bus. Well 2 buses - one into town and one to Trafford Park. I’m not sure what others made of the green latex gloves I’m wearing but luckily both buses weren’t too busy and I managed to find a seat that constitutes a safe distance from other passengers. While walking across to catch my second bus in Piccadilly Gardens I noticed a couple of signs up in the window of Greggs. One stated that they’re now only taking card payments and the other was requesting that customers stand 2 metres apart. From what I could see when looking over it didn’t look like the latter was being adhered to at all.

These people, especially younger people, who are saying the mortality rate is so low it’s not worth getting worried about ... I saw a great example of demonstrating the concern people should have:

If I gave you 100 sweets and told you that 3 of them would kill you if you ate them, would you eat ANY of them?
The Mrs came up with what I thought was a good analogy. This virus kills people at random; it is a mindless killer which can strike anyone at random.

If a mindless killer was on the loose with a gun, shooting people as per Tunisia, would people stay out for a casual walk in the sunshine? No they would be running for cover and locking themselves indoors. And yet the COVID-19 mindless killer is out there, randomly killing people, but some people are swanning around without a care in the world?

Hurt my feelings? It’s like you don’t even know me!

Rationing underlines my point, so thanks for bringing that up. Yes, people circumvented it, especially the rich and powerful, but it was broadly observed. The notion of today’s society broadly observing rationing is comical. We’ve become sybaritic and spoilt as a society, which inevitably breeds a higher degree of selfishness.

I don’t have rose tinted spectacles about the past. There are many things about modern society I much prefer.

Nice to see you keeping a like count on your individual posts and deploying it to bolster a weak argument btw. Made me smile :-)

Edit: after finishing the above reply I noticed my post you replied to has three likes. Score!

Isn't a score 20 rather than 3?

@SWP's back genuine question regarding the stock markets, heard again today that the markets in the far east have all plummeted again today, can i ask why they can't or weren't frozen at the start of the crisis? Is that even allowed and if it did would it have any affect? As you can tell it's something i know very little about.

First workday of with self isolation feels odd as we all feel fine , and abit like we are pulling a fast one. Doesnt feel right phoning in when feeling ok. We have to do as we are told. My lad has had closed contact with someone who has showed symptoms and is self isolating, and she stayed in our house 24 before.
I think this the hardest thing as we all feel fine but cant work for another 10 days. I guess we are all abit worried about how are employer's will react , but we have to follow governments guidelines. Seems impossible to get a 'sicknote', as i cant find any information on what to do. Some say phone NHS111 and than other advice says only NHS111 if you think you have the virus etc. Confusing times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.