COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the definition of necessities? Does it mean that supermarkets can only sell certain products? Can they sell soap but not make up? Booze? Can you buy plants sold at a supermarket but not from a garden centre? Or if a shop sells food it can sell everything else?
Supermarkets etc will just be open as usual,he is asking that people only go to them for nesessary things like food,get home deliveries if poss

Nope, that's the list for essential workers - the people entitled to use schools. It doesn't include construction or manufacturing, and the Financial Times are reporting that people in those industries are still free to make journeys to work.

It's a FUDGE. Forgive me if I am suspicious that he is being deliberately, obtusely vague. I hope the papers and so forth get on them about this.

The same problem seems to plague eligibility for a raft of the financial / economic support measures. It all sounds great but there are many loopholes and people not seemingly protected. (BTW Has anyone seen a summary of the stuff that passed to protect people renting? Genuinely interested)

He could close most of them with much clearer public declarations, but I suspect he's finding it hard to come to terms with the actual idea of taking control of so much.
My sons have been told that if they don’t come to work tomorrow they won’t get paid... They are non essential tree surgeons!,,

Shame unfortunately that when the NHS capacity is exceeded and tough choices have to be made, we cannot identify the tossers who ignored the guidance.

Police dishing out NHS exclusion notices would be a good idea.
That's a damn good idea.
Sadly it violates Human Rights laws - I guess they could be overriden in the Coronavirus Bill though.

Last edited:
everyone can exercise in the house this is just stupid. We had a whole family come past our house today of every age young to old age, they must be thick as fuck.

Three quarters of this country fails to get less than 25 minutes daily exercise three days a week.

The lazy fuckers can just eat their hoarded bog roll watching reruns of Love Island.

Absolutely not a chance a B&Q place would be open here in Spain.

I honestly don’t think Brit’s will understand how lax and open to abuse this ‘lockdown’ is. We’ll see within a couple of days I imagine.

The Chinese doctors will be raging.

I can understand B&Q remaining open. Imagine if your boiler breaks down you need those kind of places to get spare parts.

I travel to several of my customers each day, so effectively the travel is essential, my employer would consider me visiting customers essential. I've felt uncomfortable about visiting customers for the last week, but the instruction has been to carry on. Hoping from further clarification tomorrow.

You can't visit customers.

He's gone as far as he's willing to go. On the face of it the measures sound harsh and what many were calling for, but he still left enough ambiguity to allow people to still leave the house who shouldn't, and for businesses to remain open which should really be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.