COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. twosips

twosips

Starting to think all this confusion is on purpose so some businesses are pressured into being closed by their staff so the government don't have to bail them out with the 80% wage thing. If the government don't force them to close, they don't have to subsidise the wages... if not, there's no fucking excuse for Johnson saying one thing, then releasing a load of social media videos saying another thing, then deleting it all.

2. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    Told mine I’m not coming in, work drying up anyway plus I’ve been coughing all day so better to be safe, he’s not overly impressed but basically told him to get to fuck.

davek1808, Ban-jani and johnnytapia like this.
  3. west didsblue

west didsblue

Phone someone.
    Sounds like you need to.

1.618034, daveiw01 and Ban-jani like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. mancity2012_eamo

mancity2012_eamo

Team supported:
    Us.
    I think the worst criticism of Boris and co. out of all this is his communications early on. He didn’t convince the population that the strategy was right. The strategy was ambiguous at times. There was the accusations that they weren’t heeding WHO and weren’t doing the necessary preparations.
    With mixed messages and lack of a unified front coming between government and industry/society, i.e. football, entertainment, schools being ahead of his advice, it didn’t get the message that we’re all in this together across emphatically enough.

The subsequent acceleration of measures doesn’t inspire confidence in those that were non compliant thinking it had nothing to do with them. But it is reassuring to those that had been crying out for a nation to take notice.

Whether these measures are late or not, it is where we are all going, the world that is. We will all be in a form of lockdown sooner rather than later.

5. abu13

abu13

Team supported:
    Gods own
    Where?
    I must be deaf then, I have listened to it 3 times and not heard that, he did go on to say about travel to work if essential but my reading was that this meant if you can not do your job from home.

The fact that everyone is debating his comments backs up that the instruction is unclear.

6. hilts

hilts

Really shame you can’t explain it then cocker.

Skip Donoghue likes this.
  7. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Yes

8. hilts

hilts

He’s just being a dick ignore him.

9. antspider

antspider

That is one interpretation.. might be the correct one .. according to some bosses, it is

10. i8rags

i8rags

I honestly despair, he even said it really is quite simple, unless absolutely necessary don’t work.