COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not joking at all. I’m DEADLY SERIOUS !!

Don’t you have any conception of what makes humanity tick ??

Let me educate you. We’re SOCIAL ANIMALS. We thrive and survive on SOCIAL INTERACTION.

Some years ago when I had a Support Worker he would *make* me go out of the flat into the world. He emphasised that it’s VITALLY IMPORTANT for my mental health that I go out and be around people. Are you saying that’s now *suddenly* changed. Are you saying that staying home alone is now suddenly beneficial for my health and sanity?

Last year in the UK 7000 (SEVEN THOUSAND !!) mainly young Men COMMITTED SUICIDE. A main cause of suicide is LONELINESS. DUH.

Forcing ISOLATION on people close to the edge anyway will DRIVE THEM TO KILLING THEMSELVES !!
Phone someone.
Sounds like you need to.

Not if it saves thousands of lives. This is a temporary catastrophic crisis. House arrest makes it sound like a punishment, it’s not.

And there it is. The lightbulb moment. Some Brits think this is a punishment. The Spanish think it’s a necessity!
I think the worst criticism of Boris and co. out of all this is his communications early on. He didn’t convince the population that the strategy was right. The strategy was ambiguous at times. There was the accusations that they weren’t heeding WHO and weren’t doing the necessary preparations.
With mixed messages and lack of a unified front coming between government and industry/society, i.e. football, entertainment, schools being ahead of his advice, it didn’t get the message that we’re all in this together across emphatically enough.

The subsequent acceleration of measures doesn’t inspire confidence in those that were non compliant thinking it had nothing to do with them. But it is reassuring to those that had been crying out for a nation to take notice.

Whether these measures are late or not, it is where we are all going, the world that is. We will all be in a form of lockdown sooner rather than later.

He said unless absolutely essential, ffs

Where?
I must be deaf then, I have listened to it 3 times and not heard that, he did go on to say about travel to work if essential but my reading was that this meant if you can not do your job from home.

The fact that everyone is debating his comments backs up that the instruction is unclear.

Where?
I must be deaf then, I have listened to it 3 times and not heard that, he did go on to say about travel to work if essential but my reading was that this meant if you can not do your job from home.

The fact that everyone is debating his comments backs up that the instruction is unclear.

He’s just being a dick ignore him.

Unsurprisingly this is a complete and utter clusterfuck.

And now Sports Direct are saying they’ll be open.

Here’s the simple truth: tomorrow they’ll be millions of people going to work, traveling on public transport, exercising in the streets and congregating in parks.

Complete lunacy.
I honestly despair, he even said it really is quite simple, unless absolutely necessary don’t work.

Measures designed to save thousand of lives would never make me feel uneasy. Each to their own though hey.

Well then you have zero understanding of the wider implications of such authoritarian measures in western politics.

I cannot fathom how you can not grasp that sometimes the right thing to do will leave you uneasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.