COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when can I leave the house?

Effective immediately, the government says you can go outside only for "very limited purposes"

• Shopping for basics necessities like food and medicine, with Downing Street saying you should do this "as infrequently as possible" and use food delivery services "where you can"
  • One form of exercise a day, such as a run, walk or cycle. This can be done alone or with members of your household
  • Any medical need, to give care or to help a vulnerable person
  • Travelling to and from work, but only if this is "absolutely necessary" and cannot be done from home
"These four reasons are exceptions," the government's latest guidance says.

"Even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2m (6.5ft) apart from anyone outside of your household.

If you work in what the government has deemed a "critical sector", or your child has been identified as vulnerable, you can still to take your children to school

What about seeing friends and family?

If your friends ask to meet you, you should say no.

You should also not be meeting members of your family who do not live in your home.

All shops selling "non-essential" goods will be closed, as will a range of public spaces and venues.

This covers:

• Stores selling clothing and electronic stores
  • Hair, beauty and nail salons
  • Libraries, community centres and youth centres
  • Playgrounds, outdoor gyms and sports courts
  • Places of worship
  • Outdoor and indoor markets, excluding food markets
  • Bowling alleys, arcades and soft play facilities
  • Hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for
    commercial/leisure use. This excludes permanent residents and key workers
Public gatherings of more than two people are banned.

There are two exceptions to this, according to the government's guidance:

• Where the gathering is of a group of people who live together. For example, this means a parent can take their children to the shops if there is no option to leave them at home
  • Where it is essential for work purposes. The guidance states that workers should try to minimise all meetings and other gatherings in the workplace.
All social events, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, are also be banned - but funerals can go ahead with immediate members of family in attendance.

Parks will stay open for exercise, but gatherings there will be dispersed

How will the government enforce this?

Police will have powers to disperse gatherings, while anyone who is found not to be following the rules could be fined.

How long will these restrictions last for?

The PM said the restrictions will be "kept under constant review" and last for a minimum of three weeks.

At that point, the government will examine the evidence and see if they can be relaxed.

I’m not joking at all. I’m DEADLY SERIOUS !!

Don’t you have any conception of what makes humanity tick ??

Let me educate you. We’re SOCIAL ANIMALS. We thrive and survive on SOCIAL INTERACTION.

Some years ago when I had a Support Worker he would *make* me go out of the flat into the world. He emphasised that it’s VITALLY IMPORTANT for my mental health that I go out and be around people. Are you saying that’s now *suddenly* changed. Are you saying that staying home alone is now suddenly beneficial for my health and sanity?

Last year in the UK 7000 (SEVEN THOUSAND !!) mainly young Men COMMITTED SUICIDE. A main cause of suicide is LONELINESS. DUH.

Forcing ISOLATION on people close to the edge anyway will DRIVE THEM TO KILLING THEMSELVES !!
You need an ASBO - an Attention Seeking Bastard Order!

No **** is making you stay indoors under total lockdown 24 hours a day. You’re not a prisoner and it’s not impressive that you think you’re not going to listen to the instructions given to you.

You can go out to exercise and get some shopping. So can everyone! I can, and I will. I’ll be going for a jog and for a cycle every few days. But I’m not going on about being a rebel!

You’re just after attention, surely?

Many people have something called a phone, use that to talk to friends and family. If you can’t handle that for a while I think you need to grow some bollocks.

Unless you’re going to get a gathering of people together outside you’re not doing anything anyone else in the country has been told to do. That’s not rebellious.

If you are going out and getting a gathering of people together I hope you get a £1500+ fine like what’s happening in Spain. And I hope no **** gives you a penny towards it.

I still think we should have one.

I’m just not frothing at the mouth because we’re only 3/4 there.

If they had just imposed full lockdown weeks ago, it would have felt draconian, authoritarian and a blow to morale, nit to mention how many would actually beleive it necessary or beneficial. The chaos on societu would be huge.

By giving the public the chance to self impose it, and doing it incrementally, they are giving the public time and the chance to get there themselves, and finally buy into it. Its highly unfortunate that is how long it seems to take, and that is how many lives it puts at risk. But we are not s.korea, or other nations, there is a culture to know and work with.
Incidentally, the gov thenselves have been somewhat naive at the start, but since they have started on a route, it has been predictable and gradual, and as i said before, i myself welcome it over a snap change. Which for the record i'd have fully accepted. This however will be far mir palatable and many may even support it that otherwise would have resisted it, had they not been given the time and sense to get there themselves.

I've already heard hardware stores and newsagents will be open.

Food supply chain is usually regarded as essential.

Yeah, but there's a government amendment floating about that... I've found a summary: https://nearlylegal.co.uk/2020/03/emergency-legislation-on-possession-claims/

It's not what they promised. Peston is going to ask.

ATM it looks like the rented accomodation, and many many workers are in danger of being shafted en masse. And we're all in danger of being shafted by every fucking boss in the land being absolutely 100% confident that his business is essential.

I don’t see why you think that differs from the you gov page.
All the measures introduced, rent protection, mortgages, wages, etc are all only for three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.