COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What seemed a straight forward message from the PM yesterday , basically stay at home unless your work is essential. Our employers seem to think that every job is essential and expects all its workers to turn up. Us workers seem to think alot of our jobs are essential. It's a bloody mess.

It is not 'unless your work is essential' it is 'unless it is essential to do your work'.
Big difference. So yes, people can still go to work of any type, if unable to do it from home, with the exception of public facing gathering and retail places specifically listed for shutting.

When you thought you couldn't love him any more.

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager donates 1m euros to fight coronavirus

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has donated 1m euros to fight the coronavirus outbreak in Spain.

Guardiola, who is at his home in Barcelona, has been working with his lawyers over the past few days to work out the best way of using the money.

This will go to a donation campaign being promoted by the Medical College of Barcelona and the Angel Soler Daniel Foundation.

It is not 'unless your work is essential' it is 'unless it is essential to do your work'.
Big difference. So yes, people can still go to work of any type, if unable to do it from home, with the exception of public facing gathering and retail places specifically listed for shutting.

I have to go to work as I work outside and spend a large part of my time in a van with a workmate less than 2 meters apart when travelling to and from the grass we cut.

Daughter is a nurse, has to go to work and is a key worker of course, now she’s been told after all she goes through that she can’t go and see her boyfriend, she can’t fathom it.
Allowed to risk her life etc but can’t come home eat her tea and nip out to see her fella. She’s very confused.
Without wishing to be harsh, it's highly understable, considering her position.

I'm in asbestos removal by trade but the company I work for also have a demolition division. We ain't got any asbestos work currently so I am working with the demo lads on site.

The site I am on at the minute is in Birmingham city centre about 5 mins walk from The Childrens hospital so it's a pretty busy area.

I've been uneasy about going to work for a few days now as my wife is classed as high risk because she has Ulcerative Colitis and is on immuno suppressant medication.

I got a text last night after the PM's speech to say it was business as usual today and all sites remained open. I reluctantly went in this morning as unfortunately money talks as my wife is a self employed hairdresser and has stopped working because we have 2 kids and nobody to look after them and obviously hairdressers have been told to stop work.

When I got on site this morning it was as if nothing had been said previously. 20 blokes sat in a canteen, 3 toilets between everyone just a breeding ground for germs. We had a safety meeting and were told to keep 2m apart at all times and that was it. Crack on lads.

I thought fuck it and have gone on self isolation for 14 days and just take the hit of being payed £94 a week. Hopefully the government see sense and shut these down so people can get the 80% wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.