COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if mentioned (or known about) but Sports Direct offered their entire fleet of trucks (and drivers) to the nhs today in a letter to Michael Gove. Don’t imagine that’ll make tmrws papers.

That’s a bit disingenuous to be fair, that was an offer at the end of a letter of one way they could help (as in with distribution, not giving away their entire fleet). The rest of the letter was justifying why their Evans shops should stay open

The numbers released will be sanitised. Watch how many field hospitals grow in unusual locations very, very quickly and you will understand the challenges ahead. Numbers released to the media will be controlled in an effort to prevent mass panic. Hopefully, the latest measures will prevent 1000's of deaths but I suspect not. Italy isn't an isolated case. Watch and hopefully I'm proved wrong.

But those sanitised numbers are only on the BBC? Oddly they are the same numbers on SKY and ITV news - I fear your hatred of the BBC for whatever reasons clouds your judgement

The numbers released will be sanitised. Watch how many field hospitals grow in unusual locations very, very quickly and you will understand the challenges ahead. Numbers released to the media will be controlled in an effort to prevent mass panic. Hopefully, the latest measures will prevent 1000's of deaths but I suspect not. Italy isn't an isolated case. Watch and hopefully I'm proved wrong.

The numbers really won’t, they might take a while to be updated. It’s not possible nowadays to hide a number of deaths, not here. There’s too many links in the chain.

That and they’re trying to make everyone stay at home, they’d be inflating the number of cases right now if they were doing anything (which they’re not)

That’s a bit disingenuous to be fair, that was an offer at the end of a letter of one way they could help (as in with distribution, not giving away their entire fleet). The rest of the letter was justifying why their Evans shops should stay open

Ha, not being disingenuous, missed out the word help, edited now. No I wasn’t suggesting they would give away the whole fleet, and it’s probably some furious backpedaling on the PR front, but a fair offer nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.