COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Tesco at 06:00 today as I need to try and protect SWMBO by avoiding this virus as she is on the vulnerable list... it was like the worst episode of supermarket sweep you can imagine ( I know it's bad anyway). I saw a wide variety of masks and most people keeping their distance but there was still the odd one not giving a fuck and ignoring the spacing rules...
How busy was it at that time?

I'm not sure trains of thought is the right terminology for those. The first one and it being transferred from animal to human has been backed up by every science lab worldwide who have studied the genetic code. The other two are conspiracy theorists on the internet.
The 2nd one is definitely a conspiracy theory (albeit most probably wrong), the 3rd one is just idiocy.

Last edited:
You'll have to be more specific, I'm afraid, as I don't understand your question.
The antibody tests tell you if you've been exposed by judging if you've developed antibodies against it. I don't know what other test for the virus you mean.
A test for the virus's RNA. An antibody test is very useful but it's fundamentally different to a test for the virus.

What do you think the tests we've been doing that take days for labs to turn around do? That's PCR testing and it takes ages. Healthworkers can't even find out if they have got it. It's resource and time intensive.

If we had a fast reliable test for the virus it would make a massive difference

OBkEZaA

OBkEZaA.jpg
That can’t be @SWP's back place, he only subscribes to ‘Asian Babes’!

haven’t they eaten bats for hundreds of years ? Why is it just now they have a problem ?

this isn’t opposing view I just not very up to speed with it
The world is far more connected now than hitherto. Plenty of these mutations could have withered on the vine in enclosed communities previously.

How busy was it at that time?
Not too busy but there were more people than I expected... they are opening later at 08:00 from Monday.

I can use the NHS early opening slot as SWMBO is on the vulnerable list but I think that might be worse in terms of risk

We heard that anybody with a letter can soon access deliveries.. they are booked up for weeks for mere mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.