COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is worth reminding people that - as it stands at the moment - the vast majority will recover and the fitter and healthier you are the much improved are your chances.....am guessing as cops they are fairly fit?

I wasn't talking about the health of the individuals as such but more the impact it's going to have on the functioning of the NHS.

That's not Wuhan.

Also a few photos in a daily mail article taged to a journalist different to the articles author, an article written by a freelancer and someone who hasn't had a piece published in any paper for over a year and who lives in Bali not china

Now I am,not saying wey markets are not still happening, and I wouldn't normally check the balidity of and article.

But it's the mail and very convenient that a paper that lives off sensationalism, xenophobia and clickbaits get this exclusive.

There are videos of people being chained into their homes, as much as I don't think the Chinese government are being honest, I will take this article with some scepticism.

Also as we saw with the videos of different regional police forces fighting on a bridge, although china is controlled by the state, but it's regions have quite a lot of autonomy and ingore a lot of rules at local level, unfortunatley unlees there is a craackdown at the centrl party level these markets will still apear in provinces unopposed by local authoriites.

I would be happy to see the chinese police close these markets and arrest the local officials not keepig tight controls

All these photos and videos are all over social media. Most of them have been doctored or are from a different time or place.

All these photos and videos are all over social media. Most of them have been doctored or are from a different time or place.

I just don't like the ramping up of xenophobia for the sake of clicks by some.

It isn't the time for this.

It's a personal decision Kaz but I will be avoiding buying Chinese products from now on. Most of its crap anyway.
Easier said than done that pal. Have you any idea how much of what you buy comes from China? Apart from what you eat, there is barely a thing that may not have been made there and it's often impossible to tell at the time of purchase, and sometimes even afterwards.

It's gonna get a lot worse after the front page of the Mail today.
I just don't like the ramping up of xenophobia for the sake of clicks by some.

It isn't the time for this.

agreed; but it’s been happening over in China as well towards westerners orchestrated by their PR divisions to push the blame on anyone but themselves more recently the U.S and Italy. Doesn’t make it right what’s happening here, but their persistent shutting down of the truth from the beginning of this mess to their ongoing and current policy of misdirection is squarely on their shoulders.

They call out the world for being racist to dare suggest that we should ban travel into and out of China but then a month later do it to emphasize the point that it is the foreigners culpable for any new positive cases.

Taking the absolute piss!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...navirus-anti-foreigner-feeling-imported-cases

This is a good Analysis

By BBC health reporter Philippa Roxby

Despite today's news of the largest rise in people dying in the UK with Covid-19, the message is that everything we are all doing now to reduce social contact is having an impact - we just can't see it in the figures yet.

That's because it takes time for the effects of not going out and not going to work to be felt in hospitals, where the most seriously ill are being tested and some are, sadly, dying.

The epidemic is expected to peak in the UK in the next two to three weeks.

Until then, it is likely the number of people confirmed to have the coronavirus and the number of people dying after testing positive for the virus will continue to grow at a similar pace - doubling every two or three days.

The hope is that everyone's efforts now to stay at home and reduce the spread of this deadly virus will slow that growth rate at the right time, and, in time, bring it down.

Every one of us now has a part to play in making that happen.

Any one else in the same predicament?
My Mrs who works at the hospital is due to start helping out on the coronavirus wards from Tuesday
I'm kicking off like fuck saying fuck it off it ain't worth it for 17k a year live off my wage for 3 months
She won't have it tho wants to go and do her best and help out
People like her epitome what the nhs is about
I'm gutted and worried but so proud of her at the same time
Stay safe every one x

As hard as it sounds mate, imagine this was a guns and bullets war and not a science and medicine one. If your Mrs was a solidier and every other soldier was fighting you wouldn't want her to stay at home.

She is a soldier right now, she is on a different battlefield, but she is still fighting and protecting us all as if she was in a trench with a rifle in her hand.

Thank her every night as much as you can for what she does, I know my two parents in their 80's do.

Stay safe.

Any one else in the same predicament?
My Mrs who works at the hospital is due to start helping out on the coronavirus wards from Tuesday
I'm kicking off like fuck saying fuck it off it ain't worth it for 17k a year live off my wage for 3 months
She won't have it tho wants to go and do her best and help out
People like her epitome what the nhs is about
I'm gutted and worried but so proud of her at the same time
Stay safe every one x

Exactly the same situation, throw in a 16 month old with constant chest infections (currently has one), i've shown and still showing all symptoms (temperature, barking cough, throat like gravel, headache, etc) but negative swab result so she was back in this morning as her occupational health and manager have pushed it all week, to say i'm shitting myself is an understatement. Hope your Mrs stays safe mate, scary times.

It is a difficult balance,it is interesting boris feels the need to write to us and say this is going to get worse before it gets better,was that always the plan or does he know something we don't,italy are getting restless over food,we are different in that we half half a million volunteers to keep food deliveries going,one guy in italty was pleading with police that he has no money,i think the key is to keep both of those flowing here
Even the most optimistic predictions say it is going to get worse before it gets better. Boris is simply ramming home the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.