COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree Jay, the 4th / '5th prediction depends on compliance with measures taken which in our part of Spain is very good.

Still only a very few (4 or 5) cases in local hospital all from towns outside our area so optimistic as long as we geographically as well as personally isolate for the appropriate time ie stopping cars moving families moving to second homes etc..

We have been told lockdown until 26 th of April and the police are making sure it is being fully implemated

I sincerely hope the above is wildly pessimistically wrong !

"the number of people dying after testing positive for the virus will continue to grow at a similar pace - doubling every two or three days."

Let's say it's only every 3 days and also that the peak is only 2 weeks away not 3. The best case interpretation of that quote.

That would mean 6,000 people dying every day at the peak.

Surely that must be wrong? I imagine the death rate will not rise so fast because many people have been self isolated for weeks now and way before the government asked us to. Hopefully that will have an effect. If not then our prospects are way worse than those of Italy.

I think it was more to highlight the numbers will grow exceptionally the next couple of weeks before our isolation period will take to notice

What is the point of sending letters to every household, he should address the nation on Tv, Radio and social media.
Where were last Monday night and every afternoon. If you don’t know by now about essential journeys only or social distancing then you are either stupid, living on Mars or you think you know best

You're right about a full lock down not working in January. But there was no excuse for not doing it 8/9 days earlier when the true horrors of Italy and Madrid were panning out and most of Europe went into some kind of lock down. That time was crucial and the results will show in the next week. Considering the UK went into it with eyes wide open with the experiences of other country's experiences not locking down earlier was a big mistake.

And then when they went into lock down it was wishy washy with millions still working, using public transport and being allowed to go out to exercise. It was always going to be abused by the dickheads in society.

I can only imagine what would happen if here if people had lock ins or took the piss.

You are right there. But mistake made are lessons learnt.
A measured response is better than knee jerk reactions, even if it turns out doing things a little earlier would have had benefits.
Only time will tell if China and other countries that "seem" to have it under control have further more severe outbreaks later.

You can almost guarantee the next big virus will not need ventilators as it will be chronic diarrhea based, and everybody will be calling the government for not buying enough stomach medicine.
At least we will all have massive supplies of toilet paper!

I walk to work - 40 mins each way and hardly anyone else in sight. It's really eerie on way home as it seems like 4am without the drunks etc. Lockdown and social distancing are vital to beat this virus is what the experts agree on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.