COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green shoots?

Not looking at the data so far,need to be patient and look for long term trends

Questions about mental wellbeing,are masks helpful?pregnant women giving birth on their own

Nurse

Patients who have to die on their own is terrible,staff are helping keep families are in communicating by phone ,skype etc,staff going to great lengths

5 million given to Mind,mental health really important

Facemasks ,contraversal area,WHO have done a review,no evidence of well people wearing them making a difference,do not recommend the public use them
,more a cultural thing

By well they presumably mean no symptoms. But you should wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing. But if you are coughing or sneezing why on earth are you still walking around?

That's not the point. The point of the mask is it makes other people more safe from the person wearing the mask. It reduces the requirement of a 6 foot safe gap down to 1 foot. It is essentiatial to reduce transmission on public transport.
The fact it gives you 80% protection is a bonus.
look at it like this,the rules are if you have symptoms you go into isolation,you shouldn 't be on public transport or anywhere else outside,the WHO(according to our medic) says no so that should be good enough
You have said it reduces the distancing down to one foot,that goes against world wide advice,the adv ice is not to use them because people relax and that is the last thing the world needs everybody to do

I’m interested.
My simulation modelling his possible reasoning has finished. It says 'There is an overwhelming chance GD is positing that it's the uniform trajectory is due to massive spread of the virus, hundreds of millions of unrecorded asymptomatic infections, and we're all gonna be immune by July'

We better bloody hope so.

By well they presumably mean no symptoms. But you should wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing. But if you are coughing or sneezing why on earth are you still walking around?
Exactly,you should be in isolation but you can say but i have a mask so i can go out,totally the wrong thing to do,it changes your behaviour away from the rules
I never thought an ardent rebel as i am (for varying reasons) would be telling people to stick to the rules !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.