COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we are at the peak yet,we are still a few weeks behind italy and spain

Each individual nation report their own number of deaths:

• 70 in Scotland - a rise to 366
  • 33 in Wales - total is 245
  • Northern Ireland's figures for today have not yet been published

5 in NI and 84 cases

I don't think we are at the peak yet,we are still a few weeks behind italy and spain

Each individual nation report their own number of deaths:

• 70 in Scotland - a rise to 366
  • 33 in Wales - total is 245
  • Northern Ireland's figures for today have not yet been published
You can't say until the new infection figures are published, if they continue as they are we may not reach the new infection peak Italy and Spain did so may not be a few weeks behind. Also we are beginning to add in deaths from other places not sure Spain or Italy did that. France are starting to and also seeing these big spikes.

breathing can transmit at 2m
coughing upto 4m
sneezing up to 7/8m

Areosol vs droplet now no longer applies and considered old fashioned thinking.

Sorry if it's already been asked and answered, but why is this only now becoming common knowledge?

The experiment was done with healthy subjects, so surely we've always known these distances (i.e., they're not unique to COVID-19). I struggle to believe that someone has only now decided to find out how far sneeze particles can travel, so what am I missing?

(Caveat: I only got 12 mins in so this may be explained later in the video)

we must be hitting the peak of deaths now from that period of when everyone went boozing on the friday and the race meeting and football,,it must surely start to drop soon

It will be interesting to see how many new cases there are as sadly I expect the number of deaths to be high for another couple of weeks. People need to stay home and not spread the virus to anyone. How long does it take for it to get through people's heads. The longer we all go out the longer we will be stuck in (and yes I know that sounds wrong but you know what I mean). FFS stay in unless you are getting essential shopping, having a walk etc.

As we hear of another 800 plus deaths and the death of a twenty nine year old nurse in Newcastle , what do people think the appropriate punishment should be for the idiots still ignoring the advice given by Government? Personally I’d be happy for these wankers spending the next ten years behind bars .
That is 5 nurses and two drs that i can think of,i am sure there are more,14 transport workers,mainly bus drivers,just in a couple of weeks
with the 3 nurses i can think of ,11 kids lost their mums in a few days last week and that was before the midwife and todays

There is no source i can give you but we have never shut our borders,we have been wide open from the start,we haven't been checking anyone flying in

People still stranded

Last week, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps estimated about 300,000 UK travellers were stranded abroad due to the coronavirus pandemic.

So far, about 2,000 British nationals from seven countries have been brought back on flights organised by the Foreign Office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52182184

Ok thanks, flying back stranded passengers is not something to criticise, long as they are being checked.

alot of people making out all airports are open for business as usual and everyone can fly in and out

we must be hitting the peak of deaths now from that period of when everyone went boozing on the friday and the race meeting and football,,it must surely start to drop soon
It won't drop until after the new cases start to drop, the more the new cases stay at the same rate or higher, the more the numbers in ICU will grow and the deaths will also. Maybe in the next week or so new cases will have peaked, deaths will be at leat a week after that.

That doesn't matter. 90% of the country is locked down. The rate of transmission before the lockdown is certain to be higher than after the lockdown, which is what makes this the peak.

A few people flying back home really doesn't matter in the long run...hence why it's still happening.
Aside from the 2,000 brits we have brought back there is how many on flights from everywhere in the last week that we haven't stopped? They only need to meet up with one other person each,if they are infected of course,it is naive to think none of that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.