COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions

Gormlous George Eustice

Gathering data from abroad to aid our lifting of restrictions? We are behind several countries so we are watching them closely,south Korea are a good example on contract tracing and Germany and their testing capacity

Financial question about those who can't work and businesses ? see gov website

Media

Do you regret stopping testing and tracking in March ? We had to build capacity and hire tracers,priority was for the nhs,now anyone over five with symptoms can get a test
+
Strategy based on capacity and not science ? Swerved ,later answered yes by the CMO

Schools,do you accept people are scared? we are working with unions,other countries have shown ways to do it,kids need to be in school,other people have kept working
+
Leadership failures in testing and PPE etc why should teachers and parents trust you? Don't agree we made any mistakes
+
Scientific or political decision to send kids to school? We are following the science,but all of us are going to have to live with the virus,schools included

Patients from hospital into care homes with covid ? Don't accept we took the wrong approach to care homes ,some few may have been sent back to care homes with no symptoms,we now test all patients on discharge

(Swerved by him and the CMO also doesn't accept that scientific advice is kept secret)

(Three times he doesn't accept failings or wrong decisions,dickhead)

WHO said in March to test test test,why did you stop doing it,who decided to stop,scientists or ministers ? Had to find out who in hospital had it at the time,low capacity at the time

Brexit question

Lockdown being lifted in remote areas who haven't had any covid cases ? Looking at it

Funding to councils questions

Testing in Portsmouth ,results taking too long and inconclusive ? In a small amount of cases there is a problem and a repeat test is needed

So, we’re now following other countries and learning from their best practices. Novel approach...

So, we’re now following other countries and learning from their best practices. Novel approach...
Watched a prog last night about us and South Korea and how we went in total different directions,we moved out of contain way too early,they stayed in,developed a test in a week and tested, tracted and traced, with app,the fuck out of the country

Depends how things play out. If he's getting people through this stage which we're at, then the situation improves even by a different means, will he have done any damage?
Whatever gets you through but it is ,imo ,far better to face up to things as they are,appreciate the progress but don't be lulled into thinking all is good

Whatever gets you through but it is ,imo ,far better to face up to things as they are,appreciate the progress but don't be lulled into thinking all is good

I don't disagree Karen. It's important to face things up but also important to try and see light at the end of a dark tunnel is all.

Depends how things play out. If he's getting people through this stage which we're at, then the situation improves even by a different means, will he have done any damage?
I'm not advocating painting an unnecessarily bleak picture either but I was listening to some mental health expert who had done a lot of work with the armed forces in Afghanistan. He was saying that you just have to be as honest as possible about things when there aren't certainties that you can give people. If you paint an overly bleak picture then clearly that is no good but he said they realised that if they gave soldiers an optimistic prediction of when they would be going home then it was noticeable how detrimental it was to mental health in the long run when those predictions didn't come to fruition. He noted that if you were just as honest as possible from the start, even if the predictions were not what people wanted to hear, they were able to prepare themselves for what was to come and tended to cope much better mentally overall. He was referencing this in the context of discussing covid and his view was that people need to know the most likely scenario where possible. Every time I have seen anything from that oncologist, it has been something that just seems unlikely and highly optimistic. I'm not sure that helps anyone tbh. But that's only my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.