COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lucky on that, managed to get either a Tesco or Iceland delivery each week since this lot started just keep going online.
M and s food halls are good and have some really good 3 for10 quid deals. Not queues round here as people rather stick to sainsbury or Morrisons. I find it's no dearer really

I can't get a delivery slot and need to eat so I have no choice.
Just using my local shops, plus the convenience store, not using the supermarket at all. We go out tomorrow, my wife does a few shops I do a few, shopping for the week done in about 45 minutes.

I gave up in the end, it's a pain as I don't drive but I have to eat so have to go.

I've actually found the click and collect slots a bit easier to get than the delivery ones and to be honest even when this is all over I'll probably carry on doing those. They're really handy. Book your collection time then do your shop as you would an online one. You then turn up at the shop tap your booking number into a key pad and someone brings it all out to you. I did one this morning and was in and out of the place in less than 5 minutes.

The average incubation (median) period is 5.1 days.
95% of infections occur between 4.5 and 5.8 days and 97.5% occur before 11.5 days. So the vast majority of new cases from going back would have been picked up.
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-0504
Looks like we got away with the VE day silliness then and much of the other breaking of distancing rules since - cases still falling.

Missus runs 2 schools, both academies, both early doors...out of 81 teachers they have 16 who can actually come in. But not at the same time. Staggered to minimize the risk. No actual curriculum will be taught. Max 8 to a class. no games. No toys. Not even the child's proper teacher in most cases.

800 kids, around 80 are saying they are coming in.

And the point of all this is?

Missus runs 2 schools, both academies, both early doors...out of 81 teachers they have 16 who can actually come in. But not at the same time. Staggered to minimize the risk. No actual curriculum will be taught. Max 8 to a class. no games. No toys. Not even the child's proper teacher in most cases.

800 kids, around 80 are saying they are coming in.

And the point of all this is?

80 young kids getting an education ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.