COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some other advice /opinion needed.

I work in care and have been told the client I have on Monday has covid.

My company are not the best and they do the bare minimum to comply. Which means for example this particular client was supposed to be locked down but was going out three times a day because he didn't believe he should be locked down. The company sort of turned a blind eye - requested him to stop going out but not actually stopping it happening.

Would you go in?

PPE is visor, gloves, apron, so no issues there except 6 hours of wearing that is difficult (no breaks)
I assume your in a union - if not, join one today, without hesitation, you can do this online. If you are in a union, you should contact your rep and advise them of your situation. They will help and support you with any section 44 claim. If you are expected to work in and around infected workplace, your employer has a statutory duty to do a risk assessment and to provide a copy to you. If this person should be in isolation and isn't and this endangers your welfare you could have a very strong case for saying this contravenes section 44. Contact your union - this isn't a time to fuck around; you could be placing yourself in mortal danger. It's that simple.

Not groundbreaking treatment/vaccine but interesting article about the research of the virus itself (which could lend itself to future treatments & cures).
Estimated around 200 millions atoms make up this particular virus (a grain of salt contains 200 billion atoms). When you consider an *atom is pretty much the half way point (size wise) between us and the centre of the atom...the point at the Planck scale) it puts a lot into perspective ("Too much fucking perspective").

* Read this in a Brian Greene book. If you blew the centre point of an atom up to the size of a tree the outer section of an atom
would be the size of our current universe (93 billion light years in diameter). Nuts.
Ha! Ha! A bit of "Tap" to lighten the mood!

I could post links to things saying they are true, however, my point was that there is so much mixed messages out there, it's really hard to be informed.

"
CDC says COVID-19 not caught easily from surfaces
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-co...ily-on-surfaces-transmission-before-symptoms/

Study shows that six-feet social distancing may not be enough
https://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/India/20200523/3563474.html

School kids at ‘unbelievably low risk’ of catching and spreading coronavirus, major review finds
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11673942/school-kids-low-risk-catching-spreading-coronavirus/

No hard evidence children less likely to spread coronavirus
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/n...pVfR3rSeGjDqi07ApnxDKVkFV78PsjMTSkaPpFwyzaW5o

An utter minefield of misinformation
You are as guilty.
Not one of those links supports your points 1 and 3.
You have taken them and exaggerated the findings and reported them as fact.

157 England hospital deaths from yesterday Actually 30 that were dated yesterday. Seven from the North West.

Even after two weeks of top ups every day back to May 9 is still sub 200 (and May 8 is only 201)

Turned a blind eye was probably a bit ott but they do the bare minimum to cover their arses.

The client is young, laughs at Corona as an old people killer, I guess he might have changed ghis tune now.

I am going to put my complaints fw and if I have to go into the job I will but would really rather not.
Wouldn't be a chance of me going especially with his attitude

What's his age? And why does he needed a carer if he can go out

He should be isolating for 14 days

Unless it’s an antibody test I don’t see the point, you go down without symptoms and the test comes back negative in 3 days but in that time period you could get it! Or the test comes back positive and you should’ve been isolating in that time but haven’t so possibly passed it on!
If course there is a point to testing

One explanation is that the virus is quite mild and is fought off by healthy young individuals using existing immunity, these individuals are the asymptomatic cases and can’t be detected by the antibody test because they don’t need to develop antibodies to fight the virus off. This is why it has killed the frail and elderly who have compromised immune systems and left the young and healthy largely unaffected.
Nobody is immune to covid

I'm confused,

CDC says you can't pick it up off a surface.
'Science' says airborne transmission low.
Gov says children can't spread it.

So how exactly do you catch this?
The CDC is wrong,that goes against everything we know already about picking it up from surfaces as well as close contact to people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.